I don't think it's right to mock women who want to wear the burka but I do think its very oppressive to make woman wear it in public. It's not a religious item of clothing like a turban , but some chose to wear it for modesty. The problem is the husband who presses his wishes on his wife to wear it. It should certainly be banned in places where it is important to see a face such as border controls doctors, mps surgeries and benefit interviews. With regards to Johnson I know it's easy to slag the bloke off and many do on here but I know someone well who worked closely with him at the MOL office and he is a very intelligent and likeable person. Unlike his successor apparently. You must also remember that many people think the burka is oppressive and it's use abused and if the populace ever got a vote on whether to ban it I wouldn't mind betting it would be banned. But that's democracy for you!

Last edited:
2392668400000578-2853011-Sense_of_humour_Boris_isn_t_the_only_one_to_raise_a_smile-88_1417190860668.jpg
cable-vince-image.jpg
4221396001_5096755992001_5096747816001-vs.jpg

As the great Chandler Bing said slim Pickens with that lot, step forward the only rational choice

jacob-rees-mogg-1.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.