Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree, I think Sanchez remains an elite player - just been surrounded by inferior players and is not necessarily a player who will carry a side. Fortunately for Pep & City, he doesn't need to

I don't agree, I think Sanchez remains an elite player - just been surrounded by inferior players and is not necessarily a player who will carry a side. Fortunately for Pep & City, he doesn't need to
Arsenal signed Kolasinac and Lacazette in the Summer. Two top players, and sold the Ox who I don't think is so good. How do you explain the dip in Sanchez's game this season?

Arsenal signed Kolasinac and Lacazette in the Summer. Two top players, and sold the Ox who I don't think is so good. How do you explain the dip in Sanchez's game this season?

Lacazette is doing fine and Kolasinac is a fine adddition but the biggest issues is not actually playing Mesut, Alexis & Lacazette much together. Of course, it doesn't help that you have two of your best players wanting to leave on top of the odd transfer summer they had

Defensively, Wenger has them looking pretty naive as they've been in pretty much every match except Liverpool. Mertesacker being injured clearly an issue and now Arsene tries to mitigate it by playing midfielders in central defense like Pep might - problem is they've been exposed as a result

This sounds like common sense except that no decisions should be made as a reaction to what may or may not happen at a rival club. That's why the rags hired Mourinho as a reaction to Guardiola, It's why they paid through the nose for Pogba and Lukaku as reactions to what we were doing rather than what they needed.

We are leaders and I'm enjoying the sight of other clubs reacting to us and falling into a trap of our making, forever in our wake. If Sanchez comes, fine. If not, I think we'll have a better option on our radar.

I completely agree, but I think you miss my point slightly. It's not that we should do it to try and avoid him going to a rival, I'm merely offering the scenario of a player of that quality going somewhere else for the price he will do. By all accounts we have always wanted Sanchez and he really wants us, so it's not a reactionary signing on our part. Just offering some crumbs of comfort. I'm still fairy indifferent about it either way.

I agree about the attitude issue - not a concern for me, but I didn't understand your first line.

How and why are you grouping Aguero, B&D Silva, Fernandinho, KDB & Jesus together in this speed stake argument? I don't get where you are going with this.

Sanchez was a wide forward with great power, and technique. If he loses speed, it's a big deal for a wide forward. David Silva takes a ball, controls it instantly and weaves magic. Totally different game. He's tenacious and got such great touch, but a totally different player who is not going to be so affected by age - at least I hope not.

David White is a poor man's Alexis Sanchez. Similar in physique but not got the same technique, but if you took away Whitey's speed you'd take away half his effectiveness. You take away Sanchez's edge he ends up reinventing himself as midfielder and that's what he's doing now. Still a good player, but no longer elite. If we buy him, we'll be buying a lesser player than the one which graced the Udinese, Barcelona and Arsenal shirt, and he's a player we no longer need.

Gabriel Jesus and Alexis Sanchez. I know who I would play up front. Would you ever pick Sanchez ahead of Jesus? And if you think about this question, think about the players as they are now, not who they once were. That is what, if I can say so with respect, a lot of fans are doing in this thread, they think of Sanchez as the player who destroyed defences over the years but players do age, and we aren't dealing with that player any more. If I am wrong, then between now and the transfer window we should see some evidence of it in terms of goals and assists.
OK, I grouped all those players together to ascertain whether Sanchez is faster or slower than them? My guess is Sanchez speed and speed of thought stacks up with any of them. You say Sanchez has lost a yard of pace? Whose carried out the pace comparison? Or are you putting across your opinion as fact? As a viewer of Italian football, Sanchez was never considered an out and out speed merchant with nothing else to his game. He's quick, but I fail to recall teams playing deep to stop his once blistering pace blitzing their defences, unless you can supply any examples to the contrary?

Can you rearrange this list in the order of the quickest first to the slowest last for me, and also qualify your figures too: It would also be great if you could provide last seasons' verified speed tests and this seasons too to back up your claim that Sanchez has lost a yard of pace. Also please explain what 'Lost a yard of pace' actually means.

Aguero
B Silva
D Silva
Fernandinho
Jesus
Sanchez

You also say Alexis Sanchez was a poor man's David White, which just gave me a right good ole belly laugh! Lol :-) If there was ever a player who relied on speed over everything else it was David White and when he began to lose it, his career faded with it. Sanchez is a totally different type of player, but obviously a players' talents must be in the eye of the beholder as we see Sanchez in such a polarised way.

When you say both White and Sanchez have a similar physique, are you referring to the fact they both have two arms and legs, and one head? Because with White being 6ft 1 and Sanchez being 5.5ft, it makes him smaller than Messi, Aguero & Hazard, so I fail to see where the physical similarities lie.

Have you also considered why several top clubs are/were looking to sign Sanchez for either a big fee, reduced price or on a free? Have they also got it wrong about Sanchez the same way Pep Guardiola has? Wenger plays Sanchez up front sometimes as a false No9 and CF has never been considered his position ever. BUT I've seen us use B&D Silva, Sterling, Sane, KDB and Toure as false No9's/CF's if needed to see out a game, so just because they've played that position, does that constitute them being classed as a CF for ever & ever more? I mean I recall David James being used as an extra forward for us once, but was he considered for that position in his next appearance for us? If this is the case, why are you talking about Sanchez threatening Aguero's place in the side, when in another sentence you intimate he's a fading speed-merchant winger? Which one is he?

In terms of Sanchez and his performances, Many of the players we've used this season were the very same players used when we nearly got relegated from the Champions League. Why have they seemingly recovered so spectacularly? Could this be the difference a proper manager makes to a player?

Arsenal must sell Alexis Sanchez for 'whatever money'

sanchez.jpg

Read More..... http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...arsenal-transfer-alexis-sanchez-city-13883838

Arsene Wenger has been told to sell Alexis Sanchez ahead of the January transfer window. Manchester City remain determined to land the Chilean striker - but are prepared to wait until the summer when he becomes a free agent. That could be a problem for Arsenal, who are now ready to cash in after pulling the plug on Sanchez’ £60m deadline day move to the Etihad. While City are willing to wait, they do not want to risk losing the 28-year-old to one of Europe’s giants, who is free to negotiate with in January.

Former Arsenal captain Tony Adams insists Wenger must find a buyer.

He told Omnisport: “We used to have a philosophy at Arsenal: If you don’t want to be at the club then bye-bye, we shake your hand get people that do, whatever money.“I’ve always loved those principles, so if he doesn’t want to be here then try and get the most you can for him and get him on and get someone that does want to play for the club.”

Guardiola still sees Sanchez as one of his top targets in January or at the end of the season, despite City’s outstanding start to the campaign. While he refused to discuss a move for the former Barcelona striker ahead of City’s 3-1 win against Arsenal last weekend, he later described him as ‘top class.’

Straight from the horses mouth....

I don't think arsene is going to take any notice of what an ex player says,if he is told by the club then that is different,i think he will dig his heels in

Would you ever pick Sanchez ahead of Jesus? And if you think about this question, think about the players as they are now, not who they once were. That is what, if I can say so with respect, a lot of fans are doing in this thread, they think of Sanchez as the player who destroyed defences over the years but players do age, and we aren't dealing with that player any more. If I am wrong, then between now and the transfer window we should see some evidence of it in terms of goals and assists.

Look Marvin, it has been said plenty of times: Pep put 60m on the table, Sanchez told his Chilean team mates he finally can join City
where he can chase the titles he was after for the last fuckin years. Everything was fine. Then without any footballing logic Wenger fucked it up.

You can bet Sanchez, his agent and someone from City have been talking about the situation to define a strategy how to move on.
It seems to me Sanchez still can't wait to join City asap. Same for Pep.
If Sanchez is knowing that Wenger is the man to decide about the deal, why do you think Sanchez should deliver world class performances until January just to hand Wenger the only reason to keep him at Arsenal on a silver plate?
If Sanchez scores 6 adding 10 assists until year end, how could Arsenal sell him if they see he is still burning for the club?
Get what I mean?

He also doesn't have to convince Pep Or Txiki about his qualities, and he won't mess up the strategy just to convince you.

Furthermore also Txiki wouldn't be too happy about a ton of goals and assists as the prize would go up surely. Doesn't make sense.
IMO Sanchez is just doing the best to keep himself fit and healthy. That's all.

From the moment he finally will be wearing a no.9 sky blue shirt we and yourself will be able to see what still is in him,
being surrounded by THOSE players and THAT manager in place.
I think it will be an immense push forward for the whole squad in terms of quality, attitude, tactical variability and also competition.

So now, how do you explain the dip in Sanchez's game this season? Any other than err.. age or (cough) a yard of pace?

Well he's lost a yard of pace, has a poor attitude and I don' think anyone's thought of this, but think back to 72 and Rodney Marsh joining us.
Some good points there. Shame no one had the foresight to think of them before. Just shows how stupid we can all be, as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.