Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why you are so hostile to discussing this. I am not dead set against signing Sanchez, but it doesn't enthuse me. I think we have identified the need for a wide forward or an attacker we can do better. Maybe not now, but in the Summer. Even now I would prefer Mahrez. If Sanchez does come to City, that's probably the likely way it will happen: mahrez to Arsenal, Sanchez to City.
We already have two options for the right side, Sterling and Bernardo, why on earth would we want Mahrez? He's never played on the left.

any stats with martial and spotty boy so high are rubbish as we have seen with our own eyes
any stats are not even half the story,players are not robots

Whatever period you take, and whatever stat you use, I think you'll find his game has taken a big dip on previous seasons.

I don't know why you are so hostile to discussing this. I am not dead set against signing Sanchez, but it doesn't enthuse me. I think we have identified the need for a wide forward or an attacker we can do better. Maybe not now, but in the Summer. Even now I would prefer Mahrez. If Sanchez does come to City, that's probably the likely way it will happen: mahrez to Arsenal, Sanchez to City.

Would you seriously start him ahead of Aguero/Jesus or Sane, Sterling, Bernardo Silva, KDB, David Silva? All it does is flesh the squad out for League Cup games, and FA Cups and possibly only for 1 season. Digest the league table. We are miles ahead of Arsenal, and this season Sanchez is not their best player. Not in my opinion anyway. Unlike the Sanchez is God tribe, I an back my argument up with stats whereas all you have is previous seasons. If we were buying Sanchez from 3-4 years ago, no argument, but he's 29. Players age, and all I am arguing is e wary of that. Little consideration seems to be given to that

Not going against you, but we are not signing him to substitute, only to complement. Squad rotation will be the key for the coming month and if anything, these past weeks has inevitably shown us that not all can play all games, bar goalkeepers (big questionmark).

Are we really using an article of rankings by one single writer, and Sam fucking Tighe at that, to justify how good Alexis has been this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.