Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I also understand the clubs current stance, it begs the question why we thought he was worth £60m in the summer. In the space of 4 months he has gone from arguably our number 1 transfer target, to a guy that we are not willing to pay more than £20m for. I feel that it was either a short-sighted, over-priced, stupid move in the summer, or we are now cutting off our nose to spite our face.

I am more inclined to think that maybe we didn't expect the team to click in the way that it has, it is difficult to argue that we need more firepower when we are so far in front on any measure that can be thrown at us.

Looks like they never learned anything from RVP

I think it’s a great move for Arsenal at this stage. They get rid of somebody who it appears is causing disruption in the dressing room and they get £30m.

I can understand why they refused to sell in August as they were gambling that a good season out of Sanchez would have resulted in CL and possibly trophies but it hasn’t worked out that way so they are cutting their losses. I bet with the benefit of hindsight, they now wish they’d done the deal in August though.

The way I see is is that I would love an old Porsche 911 as a weekend car. I don’t need one, but it would be nice to have. If I could get one for £5,000 I’d be tempted, but I can’t. If my neighbour was to put a bid in on one for £10,000, would I match it? No chance! I’d have a tinge of regret when I saw him drive it up the street, but I wouldn’t put my financial stability at risk just to keep it out of his hands. I hope that makes sense?

So we sign Alexis pay what they want so he ends up on £400k a week.

Currently we are trying to sort out a contract with Kev. He’s our best player so will no doubt want parity so we more than double his wages and put him on £400k a week.

We are also looking at extending Sterling, Sane contracts. Sterling is flying this season so are we looking at £250k for him now or is that not enough? Sane has contributed highly too so £200k for Sane.

The knock-on effect would be ridiculous.

Not this old chestnut again.

KDBs financial package at City is worth a hell of a lot more than £200,000 per week and his new deal will see him earn more than that. Also, agents are not stupid. They will not expect their clients to be able to demand the same signing on fee as a player who's fee is heavily reduced due to his contract running down.

It might look good on paper that City are only offering players like KDB and Silva £200,000 a week but the reality is that they are getting much more than that. They will just be paid it in a different manner such as bonuses and signing on fees etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.