Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp on the Neymar deal:

Liverpool manager Klopp criticised the deal and questioned the effectiveness of UEFA’s Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules, which stipulate that a club’s wage bill must not exceed 70 per cent of its revenue.

“There are clubs that can pay fees like that – Manchester City and PSG. Everyone knows that,” Klopp told reporters in Munich on Wednesday.

“I thought fair play was made so that situations like that can’t happen. That’s more of a suggestion than a real rule. I don’t understand that. I don’t know how it happens,” Klopp added

Yeah perhaps he has suddenly changed his tune & wasn't referring to City's spending power.
Neville mate, seriously I think Klopp was having a dig at the filth for their obscene offer to AS, doesn't mean he loves us and may have a problem with FFP rules perceivingly being ignored. In a nutshell, hates our spending power (fair enough, who doesnt), respects Pep (doesn't determine FFP rules after all), hates that lot. Unless I'm going mad.

Except the vast media bandwagon are saying it is crazy money and Sanchez is a greedy sod who betrayed Pep to go to the wrong side of Manchester.

So not exactly a ringing endorsement of a United victory and a climbdown from us.

A gamble by us in trusting what we have built versus what we might have had taking the effect on the team togetherness into account.

But the media are more annoyed at Sanchez for showing yet again that football IS really all about money in the end.

Most football fans do not support United or City they support teams who dream like City once did of challenging the big bucks elite.

Who do you think they side with most here? Big bad United who just proved about 90 teams cannot compete with their money or City who took a stand and said it is NOT all about money sometimes. Team spirit matters.

Bury or Rochdale could never buy any City player let alone Sanchez. But the idea that you can forgo a great player because you believe in your players more is something any team can aspire towards.

We may have lost the battle for a player but we won the war for the feelings of fans out there

How can Alexis betray a manager who he owes no loyalty to? The player has decided on a life decision to take the most money for him and his family. He was doing the same when he was opting for City over Bayern.

To moan about a player being greedy for taking the highest paying deal, when all your players play for you because they took the highest paying deal is a bit of a glass house your living in fella

Given that there's lots of off topic stuff going on, on this thread anyway, I thought I'd join in with a further diversion.

In an attempt to escape tonight's speculation about Sanchez etc., I watched (unusually for me) Eastenders which as you know we London boys, dahhn sarrf just love.

Anyway, we have a thing down here that unlike possibly other drinking games, we start drinking when the opening theme tune starts but we are bound to stop drinking should any character within the 30 minute programme, smiles or laughs.

By and large we drink through to blissful oblivion.

As I say, I know this is off topic, but you might find it light relief.

PS I'm pissed...

Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal all backing each other up.
Wow, I wonder if this has ever happened before, seeing as they all 'hate' each other !

How weird is that ? It's not as if they have all been in cahoots since the start of the Premier League, or in fact for longer than anyone here has been alive.

Yep it’s the previous big 4 all trying to stitch us up. Only one way to shut them up !

How can Alexis betray a manager who he owes no loyalty to? The player has decided on a life decision to take the most money for him and his family. He was doing the same when he was opting for City over Bayern.

To moan about a player being greedy for taking the highest paying deal, when all your players play for you because they took the highest paying deal is a bit of a glass house your living in fella

I am not moaning about it. I am applauding our manager and club for having the integrity to reject someone who goes back on his word for more money.

City could have paid that had we chosen. We rightly did not.

But what you are saying amounts to agreeing to rent your house to a family on a set rent and then throwing them out because someone offers you to pay more.

Where does any decent person's sympathy lie there - with the family who had a deal and got tossed out on the street for not paying double because someone else wants to or the person tearing up a deal just to take the extra money?

Sanchez is rich. City are rich. This is not about money as such as the sums are relative and either would see his family do very well. But if you break a deal JUST to make more money you lose the moral argument.

I am proud of what City did here as a club. And if Sanchez changed his mind at the 11th hour would not want him now. He won't, of course.

So every player at City took the highest offer they received? I don't think so.

I get that but because the prem is awash with dough all the clubs are having to play Monopoly and if you fall behind or standstill you end up "just visiting"

Yep and we are spending enough to be top of the table. Just because we have the money doesn't mean we have to continuously over spend, we can't have all the top players either.

Loyalty, maybe not, but if we are to believe the widely reported narrative, Sanchez agreed to a deal w/ City, then last week his agent came back and tried to change it. I'm not blaming the guy for taking the higher offer, and maybe betrayal is a strong word, but it is breaking a deal. I'm fairly sure it's easy to agree that if you make a deal with someone, then they try to change it after it's already been agreed, you're gonna be pissed off.

As for that second bit, that's clearly nonsense but I'll assume you said it to get a rise.

Given that there's lots of off topic stuff going on, on this thread anyway, I thought I'd join in with a further diversion.

In an attempt to escape tonight's speculation about Sanchez etc., I watched (unusually for me) Eastenders which as you know we London boys, dahhn sarrf just love.

Anyway, we have a thing down here that unlike possibly other drinking games, we start drinking when the opening theme tune starts but we are bound to stop drinking should any character within the 30 minute programme, smiles or laughs.

By and large we drink through to blissful oblivion.

As I say, I know this is off topic, but you might find it light relief.

PS I'm pissed...

My wife loves Eastenders. To me I find it portrays all Londoners as scheming, back stabbing horrible twats. Having lived in London I know this isn’t the case with the exception of the Kray twins and Arthur Daley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.