Ali Benarbia's debut.

• Thread starter Ballet-on-ice
  • Start date
I'm with you completely on that one. I think it was just the relief of not being crap for once. I think our first game that season was home to Norwich and the football we played was like nothing I'd seen before ( I only started going around 93 to 94) so it was a pleasant surprise to see fast, flowing, attacking, positive football.

Although we were punished after Keegan by being subjected to the football that Pearce brought us.
3-0 at home to Watford, but they play in Yellow so I'll let you off :)

We were sent crashing back down to earth a week later by Norwich losing 2-0.

Just looking at our results for the first 10 games of the 2001-02 season.
3-0.
0-2
5-2
4-2
0-4
3-0
4-3
6-2
3-0
0-4
Keegan didn't really do draws.
I was at sheff weds for the 6-2 and Ali ran the show, nobody could get near him.
And as for the title of this thread Keegan pronounced Ali's surname as bernarbia every time he mentioned him.

I don't remember a player called "Bernarbia", mentioned in the thread title.

We did, however, have a player called "Benarbia", who was pretty good, and was always referred to by the guy sitting next to me as "the genius".

Are you thinking of him perhaps?
To think that a person would take the time to type this out.

Birmingham and a early kick off if my memory serves me, some debut it was to, class player.

I think you are right - lunch-time game against Bruce managed Brum. Ali made the game look so damn simple - absolutely outstanding.

I was also at Gillingham for the back heel pass to the Goat.

Fucking incredible player.

I think it was.

it sure was. 3 nil
I remember it well. I was over from Belfast with my Soon to be Father in Law
We put 20 quid on goat for first goal and a 3 1 win

in the last few mins we were willing Birmingham on to score. Thought we would get lynched at that stage. Lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.