Alistair Stewart

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by nmc, 29 Jan 2020.

1. allblackcitizen

allblackcitizen

I really can't get worked up about this, let alone start frothing about a non-existent liberal conspiracy against the privileged white male.

The guy's 67. He's been fronting the news for way too long, while his female contemporaries (Jan Leeming, Moira Stewart etc) got pensioned off years ago and before their time. Let someone else have a go at it. He's made a pile. He'll have one hell of a pension. I can't feel too sorry for him. Plus he'll probably be back on our screens all too soon fronting some mind numbing railway journey or guesting in the real Marigold Hotel.

denislawsbackheel likes this.
  2. Gaylord du Bois

Gaylord du Bois

Speak for yourself, you ug ug ug ug, ugly fucker.

Psychedelic Casual likes this.
  3. Bigga

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
    Don't see the point of conflating channels in order to make a point.

Stewart and Leeming were a part of the BBC set up, so different rules/ contract set up.

4. marco

marco

worlds gone mad,thank god its over for me in the next 30 years,i can climb into my box and pull the lid over never to hear shit like this again

5. Murph

Murph

That's twitter for you. Why would anyone with a well paid job would want to risk it? knowing that just One mistake (even if said with no malice) and the offended police will come after you with a vengeance.

6. Oh, my offence is rank - it smells to heaven!
    It hath the primal eldest curse upon it - quoting Shakespeare.

7. StrangewaysHereWeCome

StrangewaysHereWeCome

Shit like this just discourages me from using social media. I had it in mind to do so years ago but have sacked off Facebook last year, rarely use Twitter. What's the point of sharing your opinion if your opinion can land you in hot water? Years ago you could go the pub, get drink have a heated debate and at worst get a fat lip/ fall out with a mate, for all of a day or two.
    Nowadays, type something on a touch screen and you lose your livelihood.

8. I sacked off Twitter, it’s a fucking joke. I got a ban for calling a female singer a skank ffs.

9. deano ou812

deano ou812

Was she ..

10. Aren’t they all (singers not women)

Last edited: 30 Jan 2020