Alistair Stewart

I really can't get worked up about this, let alone start frothing about a non-existent liberal conspiracy against the privileged white male.

The guy's 67. He's been fronting the news for way too long, while his female contemporaries (Jan Leeming, Moira Stewart etc) got pensioned off years ago and before their time. Let someone else have a go at it. He's made a pile. He'll have one hell of a pension. I can't feel too sorry for him. Plus he'll probably be back on our screens all too soon fronting some mind numbing railway journey or guesting in the real Marigold Hotel.

Yeah it’s his age her that’s the real point in all this... sigh.

It’s not a liberal conspiracy, it’s just how society is these days.

Liberalism to this extent ends up going full circle and eats itself, turning to authoritarian measures and attacking free speech and expression. “We don’t like what you’re saying and we’ll get you sacked for it.”

The point isn’t about his age or his career, it’s about a man losing his job because he quoted one of, if not the, greatest Britons of all time. Certainly our finest writer of all time.

I don’t want to live in an England where you cannot quote Shakeaspeare. But rather than run I’m going to fight against this madness.

Yeah it’s his age her that’s the real point in all this... sigh.

It’s not a liberal conspiracy, it’s just how society is these days.

Liberalism to this extent ends up going full circle and eats itself, turning to authoritarian measures and attacking free speech and expression. “We don’t like what you’re saying and we’ll get you sacked for it.”

The point isn’t about his age or his career, it’s about a man losing his job because he quoted one of, if not the, greatest Britons of all time. Certainly our finest writer of all time.

I don’t want to live in an England where you cannot quote Shakeaspeare. But rather than run I’m going to fight against this madness.
Seriously mate why are you getting so wound up about stuff like this? you're playing their game. Im as liberal as they come and i hate all the pc shite you hear about from social media but thats the thing every other liberal person i know does too, every single one.It is literally 2 people having a tiff online. In real life no one says "Woke" or " libtard or "RWNJ", nobody. You are being played by what those in charge want you to be directing your anger at. Look you are to the right but that doesn't mean you want to ban all Muslims and send all foreigners back to wherever does it, just like a liberal doesn't want to ban baa baa black sheep and replace bacon with tofu. Don't get carried away with internet arguments as it's a deversion device for those who tax you..

Yeah shit scared.

Diversity and Inclusion, which is utter bollocks, is mostly about protecting the company for its image and legal challenges.
Yeah, you may have seen me in other threads where I'd certainly describe myself as a softer touch. I think there's a lot of things missed in stuff like this and people need to be more aware (however that's just me).

But this specific case, this is why I am so cynical of big companies who side with progressive movements. They act like they care and they act like they're your friend (again assuming you're 'WOKE ™ '). But really they're just a bunch of fatcat suits manipulating very important social movements and the people that support them in order to make a buck.

If anyone's noticed how for example Channel 4 has made such a big effort to be with "it" lately, rest assured it's one big fuck off con.

Seriously mate why are you getting so wound up about stuff like this? you're playing their game. Im as liberal as they come and i hate all the pc shite you hear about from social media but thats the thing every other liberal person i know does too, every single one.It is literally 2 people having a tiff online. In real life no one says "Woke" or " libtard or "RWNJ", nobody. You are being played by what those in charge want you to be directing your anger at. Look you are to the right but that doesn't mean you want to ban all Muslims and send all foreigners back to wherever does it, just like a liberal doesn't want to ban baa baa black sheep and replace bacon with tofu. Don't get carried away with internet arguments as it's a deversion device for those who tax you..

I’m not being manipulated by anyone. People are losing their jobs for holding an opinion that doesn’t fit in with what this new liberal society is supposed to be.

Are you not concerned at all that a high profile newsreader can lose his job over quoting Shakespeare?

I’m not being manipulated by anyone. People are losing their jobs for holding an opinion that doesn’t fit in with what this new liberal society is supposed to be.

Are you not concerned at all that a high profile newsreader can lose his job over quoting Shakespeare?
He resigned. and no im not. People lose their jobs over insignificant things every day. I mean in the post i quoted off you you said "I don’t want to live in an England where you cannot quote Shakespeare" just because 2 blokes had a spat on twatter, i mean come on that's like diva level over reaction. it looks to me like everyone on both sides think this is just bullshit and yet you act like their is some big liberal movement against everything, you are in every thread outraged at anything someone says on twitter yet you say you are sick of people who are outraged on twitter. Played like a fiddle.

He resigned. and no im not. People lose their jobs over insignificant things every day. I mean in the post i quoted off you you said "I don’t want to live in an England where you cannot quote Shakespeare" just because 2 blokes had a spat on twatter, i mean come on that's like diva level over reaction. it looks to me like everyone on both sides think this is just bullshit and yet you act like their is some big liberal movement against everything, you are in every thread outraged at anything someone says on twitter yet you say you are sick of people who are outraged on twitter. Played like a fiddle.

There really is a liberal movement in this country. It’s absolutely everywhere and in the work place.

There are protected characteristics that give people more rights over others and if you say anything about them, even out of context, your job will be taken.

We are currently going through a HR case where a girl who reports into me has sworn at me twice when I’ve asked her to do something politely. We’ve suspended her, quite rightly, and we’re trying to dismiss her as she’s been here less than two years.

If she wasn’t in a protected characteristic then she’d be gone already but she’s claiming mental health which means it’s difficult for us to get rid of her and she has a right to appeal now.

She could have also claimed sexism and other people can claim racism, discrimination against religion, homophobia etc. all to stop themselves being sacked when they deserve it.

What do I have to fall back on? Nothing.

Society has done this since Blair and Major and because YOU are apart of this, you don’t see it.

There really is a liberal movement in this country. It’s absolutely everywhere and in the work place.

There are protected characteristics that give people more rights over others and if you say anything about them, even out of context, your job will be taken.

We are currently going through a HR case where a girl who reports into me has sworn at me twice when I’ve asked her to do something politely. We’ve suspended her, quite rightly, and we’re trying to dismiss her as she’s been here less than two years.

If she wasn’t in a protected characteristic then she’d be gone already but she’s claiming mental health which means it’s difficult for us to get rid of her and she has a right to appeal now.

She could have also claimed sexism and other people can claim racism, discrimination against religion, homophobia etc. all to stop themselves being sacked when they deserve it.

What do I have to fall back on? Nothing.

Society has done this since Blair and Major and because YOU are apart of this, you don’t see it.
So you want someone sacked for swearing at you and you go on about those easily offended. Fuckin hell.

So you want someone sacked for swearing at you and you go on about those easily offended. Fuckin hell.

Yes I want someone who reports into me sacked for swearing at me several times, in the office, despite being warned.

It’s called respect and it’s clear you don’t have any understanding of it.

Telling someone to fuck off after being warned is gross misconduct.

It’s clear you’ve lost the argument here, what a pitiful response.

Yes I want someone who reports into me sacked for swearing at me several times, in the office, despite being warned.

It’s called respect and it’s clear you don’t have any understanding of it.

Telling someone to fuck off after being warned is gross misconduct.

It’s clear you’ve lost the argument here, what a pitiful response.
Bloody hell Francis haha, "lost the argument" you've been on facebook and twitter too much. Seems you are as easily offended than those you get angry at for getting easily offended. A woman swore at you, diddums.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.