"All City fans are from Stockport"

Celtic Pete said:
mcfcliam said:
Do one Rag, you don't fool me.

Oddball, it's on google or haven't you mastered the search engine phenomenon yet?

Just seen youre online, Gloryhunter.

Get your digs in quick coz you're history you prick

Hahahahahaha

Didsbury Dave said:
Celtic Pete said:
Oddball, it's on google or haven't you mastered the search engine phenomenon yet?

Hahahahahaha

Eh? Have you been on the special brew, Dave? I heard you're actually from Burnage, but I won't say owt ;)

Celtic Pete said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Hahahahahaha

Eh? Have you been on the special brew, Dave? I heard you're actually from Burnage, but I won't say owt ;)

carling-cup-in-home.jpg

loui_mcfc said:
rowsley_st said:
The rags have a point, we do have a big following in Stockport and its surrounding areas.
Bredbury for example has two big Manchester overspill council estates that moved people from Hulme, Ardwick and Moss Side in the 60's.
What were they supposed to do when they moved say..
"Right, that's it then, I'm in Stockport now, lets support County and not City anymore...and you kids- you're banned from doing it too!"
In fact loads of blues went watching County on a friday night and and City on a saturday..That was the way I was brought up too, it was affordable then, now it's not!
Look at The Heatons or Gatley, only ten minutes on the bus from Maine Road..
Goes the other way too though as Wythenshawe has a big rag contingent, as Swinton and Salford slum dwellers were moved there in the 30'-50's.
Tameside too has a big City following, look at Hattersley, another Manchester overspill estate...or even Handforth, same again.
If we'd have had the success over the last 20 years that the rags have had we'd have a hell of a lot more fans than they do...and probably as the rags have, they'd be from far and wide.
Just don't rise to their bait, we're bigger than that...It'll take a generation for us to be as big on the worldstage as them and also to win as much as they have since 1990.
Just smile and say "tick tock"....Our day is coming.

I'm from Handforth and would say that of the 16+'s it's probbaly about 60% blue, apart from on a matchday as most of the city fans actually go to the games
Aye you're right there's shit loads of blues in handforth, dads side of the family is from
there. Colshaw farm and Lacey Green are overspills of Gorton iirc.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:07 am --<br /><br />
Celtic Pete said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Hahahahahaha

so how far are you from the swamp then?

Celtic Pete said:
BTH said:
Growing up in Wythenshawe, Maine Road was only a bus ride away and so anyone who was a City fan normally went, while the rags tended not to (quelle surprise). The Swamp was two buses away or a bus and a train ride away. Oddly enough - or maybe because of Princess Road depot? - there was always the legend - a 101 match bus - there and back to Maine Road. Never once saw one going to The Swamp, but there was always one back home on Derby day

gbh101.jpg

That's absolute bollocks, mate. Wythenshawe has always had a massive Rag contingent that go to the match. Eversince they knocked down all the council houses in Salford and shipped them out there. The swamp was only a few miles down from Maine road. The 53 bus used to go right through moss side and stop at the house of fires on chester road. There were also buses to maine road and old trafford from Didsbury and Northenden. Most people got the bus into town and the train from oxford road. Wythenshawe was crawling with the f**kers.

Errr dont think so
Lived in Wythenshawe all my life, so many more blues than Rags
Just look at the supporters clubs round here. And I dont know where your getting the Salford connection from. Most people moved here from Moss side and Hulme years ago not Salford

From 2003/2004 season....socio/economic reasons often dictate the location of season tickets holders...many people in the inner city areas simply cant afford them...true of both City and United. Sale is united largest season ticket holder areas, and also one of City's highest...as you can see by the suprising number of season tickets in bandit country!

DISTRICT S. TICKET HOLDERS PERCENTAGE OF TOTAL
Stockport 5316 15.41
Manchester 4957 14.37
Tameside 3828 11.10
Trafford 3198 9.27
Rochdale 1875 5.44
Bury 1785 5.18
Oldham 1775 5.15
Salford 1494 4.33
Wigan 544 1.58
Bolton 541 1.57

-- Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:35 pm --

And within the City of Manchester.......again 2003/4....

WARD SEASON TICKETS
Didsbury 382
Chorlton 249
Gorton North 241
Central 219
Baguley 216
Lightbowne 216
Moston 216
Old Moat 212
Levenshulme 204
Brooklands 200
Burnage 200
Charlestown 188
Fallowfield 182
Withington 166
Newton Heath 164
Blackley 161
Sharston 155
Barlow Moor 152
Bradford 151
Woodhouse Park 142
Moss Side 111
Harpurhey 110
Beswick and Clayton 109
Gorton South 96
Crumpsall 95
Whalley Range 91
Rusholme 70
Benchill 62
Ardwick 56
Longsight 55
Hulme 33
Cheetham 28
Northenden 25
Table 5.10: MCFC Season Ticket Holders 2003/2004 – City of Manchester

Droylsden is has the most City season tickets.....

DISTRICT WARD SEASON TICKET HOLDERS
Tameside Droylsden East 386
Manchester Didsbury 382
Stockport Cheadle 380
Stockport Cheadle Hulme South 366
Tameside Audenshaw 366
Stockport West Bramhall 353
Stockport Heaton Mersey 347
Stockport Heaton Moor 345
Stockport East Bramhall 339
Oldham Failsworth East 334
Tameside Droylsden West 331
Tameside Denton West 330
Stockport North Reddish 314
Rochdale Middleton South 313
Stockport Heald Green 313
Stockport Cheadle Hulme North 306
Tameside Denton North East 306
Stockport Bredbury 279
Oldham Failsworth West 252
Manchester Chorlton 249
Stockport Hazel Grove 245
Manchester Gorton North 241
Tameside Hyde Newton 234
Stockport South Reddish 227
Stockport Romiley 222
Trafford Mersey St. Mary`s 220
Manchester Central 219
Stockport North Marple 219
Manchester Baguley 216
Manchester Lightbowne 216
Table 5.4: MCFC Season Ticket Holders 2003/2004 – Top 30 Greater Manchester Wards<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:56 pm --<br /><br />If anyone wants to read the full football in the communities report, where I git the data on season tickets from... then follow this link.
http://www.substance.coop/publications/football-and-its-communities

Sections on City , Leeds and Sheff U. Theres some very interesting stuff in it....will answer lots of peoples questions...even the one on "why dont asians follow City"!!!

Should keep Didsbury Dave busy for an afternnoon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.