All in favor of?....

He is the natural successor to Pellegrini, maybe with Vieira as his #2, and the one City have always wanted. It makes sense and he has shown a willingness to adapt to a new league while enforcing his ideas. For example, look at Robben and Ribery at Bayern, these are not what you would call perfect Barcelona style players but he created a balance of his possession-based football and the direct style associated with Bayern. That's why I think he could be a success in England after having doubts when he was at Barca, wondering if he'd just try and clone the style exactly.

Guardiola is a perfectionist who apparently puts his family second to football, which is crazy but shows how seriously he takes it. He wants a "short and intense" managerial career, meaning we'd have him for maybe 3 or 4 years if we were lucky before he moves on.

He should 100% be our next manager if it's possible. I think we have an edge over United because Pellegrini's contract runs out earlier and he will be almost 64, so likely his "cycle" as Soriano calls it will come to an end. Let's not forget the Champions League, where still we struggle and where Pep is very experienced and successful. It all makes sense, the club is built for someone like Pep and he'd probably have a much superior selection of academy products to consider than Mancini and Pellegrini have generally had till now.

Koeman or De Boer might be candidates if we can't get Pep, both were apparently considered and Koeman has made a great start at Southampton. I'd be very wary of giving Vieira the job with no experience (most don't turn out to be Guardiola's when coming up from the reserves), he should be assistant to start I think and build experience. Or even leave the club to manage someone else with the possibility of returning in future.

LoveCity said:
He is the natural successor to Pellegrini, maybe with Vieira as his #2, and the one City have always wanted. It makes sense and he has shown a willingness to adapt to a new league while enforcing his ideas. For example, look at Robben and Ribery at Bayern, these are not what you would call perfect Barcelona style players but he created a balance of his possession-based football and the direct style associated with Bayern. That's why I think he could be a success in England after having doubts when he was at Barca, wondering if he'd just try and clone the style exactly.

Guardiola is a perfectionist who apparently puts his family second to football, which is crazy but shows how seriously he takes it. He wants a "short and intense" managerial career, meaning we'd have him for maybe 3 or 4 years if we were lucky before he moves on.

He should 100% be our next manager if it's possible. I think we have an edge over United because Pellegrini's contract runs out earlier and he will be almost 64, so likely his "cycle" as Soriano calls it will come to an end. Let's not forget the Champions League, where still we struggle and where Pep is very experienced and successful. It all makes sense, the club is built for someone like Pep and he'd probably have a much superior selection of academy products to consider than Mancini and Pellegrini have generally had till now.

Koeman or De Boer might be candidates if we can't get Pep, both were apparently considered and Koeman has made a great start at Southampton. I'd be very wary of giving Vieira the job with no experience (most don't turn out to be Guardiola's when coming up from the reserves), he should be assistant to start I think and build experience. Or even leave the club to manage someone else with the possibility of returning in future.
Great post, I fell that he could adapt to this side seamlessly and win some major silverware !

The only problem with him is his style of football has been somewhat found out in Europe now. Style horribly effective in the league though.

I do get the feeling we will look to go all out for Pep when Pellegrini's contract runs out and with that I think Pellegrini will look to go and manage Chile after his time at City is up.

In regards to Vieira, I only see him getting the job straight away if he won the U21 Premier League and Youth Champions League, either way I expect him to be promoted to at least one of the first team assistants in the near future as I think the club will look to blood some youngsters through as part of the next generation recruitment stage, so its logical to promote him and have him looking after the young lads who he would have previously worked with in the EDS but in the first team setup.

Wilcox will be promoted to the U21s then.

Pep will have a job on his hands if he takes us over though because our squad is quite old at the moment, so blooding youngsters through and developing them along with a few young signings coming in is going to be what he has to undertake most likely in my opinion.

I would love to see what Pep could do with some of our youngsters.

sam-caddick said:
Pep will have a job on his hands if he takes us over though because our squad is quite old at the moment, so blooding youngsters through and developing them along with a few young signings coming in is going to be what he has to undertake most likely in my opinion.
That's exactly the situation he had at Barca though. But to be fair, he was bringing his own youth team through.

Why do I feel like we don't have a choice?

Nevertheless if he does move to city, smart decision from him for waiting out the turbulent period after mancini and waiting for the training ground+academy running.

He'll probably have everything handed over on silver plate again. But I couldn't care less about that if he can take us further in europe.

Guardiola for me was so fortunate at Barca because he had Messi and he won games for Barca that covered up a lot of short comings.

He has now moved to Bayern and they normally win their league so for me Guardiola still has a lot to prove and he may be a one trick pony.
Also I keep reading he is desperate to go to the swamp I for one would love to see him at the swamp and am in no rush to see us beg him to come to the Etihad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.