All inc hols

It’s not about adapting for local restaurants. If people go AI and never leave the hotel to spend a night in a bar or restaurant what can they do? A place I go to in Menorca has been decimated by AI. It’s only a small place but the bars are being kept alive by locals. Lots of restaurants have gone.

Each to their own, and people will have their reasons, but for me exploring and looking for a nice place to eat is part of the holiday.
Its very much the same in Ibiza in the town where my parents live. They've been there for nearly 20 years and the change is very very visible. We have been going in a little local run bar for most of that time that was run by a local couple and its gradually got quieter and quieter in the local bars around there and they closed 2 years ago. Of the big say 10 hotels in the area, 9 are probably all inclusive now and have been for the last 4 or 5 years. Its still busy dont get me wrong, but there has been a definite impact on local bars.

Word of warning, Coral Bay was 'shut' this time last year when we were in the area.... there's a nice bar near there on the strip which rescued the bus ride out there, kikko's bar, randomly it had a Robbie Fowler City shirt on the wall.

Thanks for the heads up mate. In town now having a few scoops of Brewdog on draught at the Wooden Pub the home of craft beer. On the seafront next door to Bacchus. Six euro a pint but its rocket fuel and verytasty. The local Keo is cold and fair to middling and 2 euros a scoop. We are going to knock Coral Bay on the head and stay here. No breeze today and the sun feels warm .Circa 17 degrees so happy days. Yammos our kid yammos.

Its very much the same in Ibiza in the town where my parents live. They've been there for nearly 20 years and the change is very very visible. We have been going in a little local run bar for most of that time that was run by a local couple and its gradually got quieter and quieter in the local bars around there and they closed 2 years ago. Of the big say 10 hotels in the area, 9 are probably all inclusive now and have been for the last 4 or 5 years. Its still busy dont get me wrong, but there has been a definite impact on local bars.
As has been discussed, there's certain places where AI is understandable (and probably preferable), but I'll never understand people opting to go AI in places like Ibiza where there's so much to see and do. What's the point of even going there!

My kids are 1, 3 and 7. We've never been on a package holiday with them before but after the nightmares of the last couple with the 3& 7 year old, i'm 100% going all inclusive with a kids club. Some other poor twat can look after them while we relax for once.

Thanks for the heads up mate. In town now having a few scoops of Brewdog on draught at the Wooden Pub the home of craft beer. On the seafront next door to Bacchus. Six euro a pint but its rocket fuel and verytasty. The local Keo is cold and fair to middling and 2 euros a scoop. We are going to knock Coral Bay on the head and stay here. No breeze today and the sun feels warm .Circa 17 degrees so happy days. Yammos our kid yammos.
Quite like Keo, our AI there last year had bottles of it as part of the deal...gassed me up mind you.

what dickhead goes on holiday there then?
LOL!
Not this Dickhead, this dickhead likes to get around and has spent time in countries that would make an old headmaster shit his pants.
But the likes of Dominican Republic are known for having great resorts along the coast yet unsafe inland.
Parts of Jamaica similar.
I tend to agree with your sentiment though, I’d never go somewhere just to stay in the complex for a fortnight.

We do go out and eat. Today we are going to Coral bay and tomorrow are venturing on a TUI trip to the Turkish side. Last night we went into town for the football. Escalate the debate further and you could surmise full board half board and b and b take margins from the locals and let's not even mention those dreadfull self caterers. At the end of the day it's all about choice and whatever rocks your world. Happy holidays.

Not saying you don't Bob but plenty do not.

Enjoy your hols pal.

I'm retired now, but spent most of my work career as a travel agent. Only latterly have AI's become so popular. It use to amuse me when clients would sit at my desk for a long time, trying to decide on a destination. It never seemed to occur to them that, every year, wherever they went ,they never left their hotel complex and didn't have a clue what the resort or country had to offer but they wanted "Been there, somewhere different this year".

My kids are 1, 3 and 7. We've never been on a package holiday with them before but after the nightmares of the last couple with the 3& 7 year old, i'm 100% going all inclusive with a kids club. Some other poor twat can look after them while we relax for once.

Why do you want to get rid of the kids? Mine are 10, 8, 5 and 3 and the whole point of holidays is to spend time with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.