All Inclusive Holidays

SWP's back

I've seen them sneered at on here a few days, but if you go somewhere nice and high end, they can be amazing and great value for money.

Anyone had any good/bad experiences and recommendations as the holiday season approaches?

I'm holidaying in the UK this year as it works the other way around these parts.

Only done it once, a couple of years ago and I wouldn't do it again.

I was so obsessed with getting my money's worth that I had 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners every day.

I ended up looking like a fucking whale.

I much prefer self catering, cooking with local foods, eating out at the odd restaurant and not feeling tied down to the same hotel.

For first time in my life I agree with Chabal - bit too school canteen for me the all inclusives - same thing and tables every night. Not for me.

Been Egypt (Makadi Bay) & Tunisia All Inclusive

Going in June to Fuerteventura All Inclusive in June - £563 for 10 days.

Pick hotels that have a few restaurants. Works out far cheaper all inclusive than paying so much when eating or drinking out.

You can still spend a couple of days or nights away from the complex if you wanted to.

worsleyweb said:
For first time in my life I agree with Chabal - bit too school canteen for me the all inclusives - same thing and tables every night. Not for me.

cry-baby-davie.png

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
You can't beat all inclusive in Mexico or Cuba.

I'd change it to that, all inclusive is great in far away countries where there there isn't much around other than the resorts. Especially the big resorts that have around 10 a la carte restaurants to choose from. I'm planning on Mexico this year all inclusive. IMO though when you're in Europe where theres a lot of choice with bars/restaurants it would be better to go self catering.

I also had a great time in Varadero, Cuba a few years back. Perfect white sands, sea temperature nice and warm, unlimited rum and coke, cigar shop next door, and lobster for about £5 if you did want to venture out. Oh and it cost a few quid for a litre bottle of Havana rum in the local shops.

worsleyweb said:
Hmmm. I've never experienced this. I've only don't all inc holidays with several a la carte restaurants and branded beer and spirits.

Don't normally do it, but just back this week from Rhodes and had an amazing experience.

Stayed at the Mitsis Alila, and it was 5* Ultra All Inclusive luxury all the way. Had a private pool room which helped....

None of this 'pigs at the trough' dining either It had individual restaurants (Asian + Sushi, Mexican, Greek, Italian and more), and you could eat at these as often as you wanted, with a Creperie, Burger Bar, Champagne Bar, Afternoon Tea, Pizza Oven on the Beach etc etc

You needed to make a reservation at the restaurants too, so every meal time felt like a fine dining experience.

They had branded drinks too, and even had waited service in the bars. All very civilised.

Loved it and would recommend it to anyone. Only downside was I missed the Villa game so bad timing for Other Halfs Birthday and our Anniversary week :(

<a class="postlink" href="http://alila.mitsishotels.com/restaurants-bars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://alila.mitsishotels.com/restaurants-bars</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.