All of you who want Hughes instead of Bobby have a look

AIQ88

Do you not remember this <a class="postlink" href="http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2008-2009/table/2008-12-21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.statto.com/football/stats/en ... 2008-12-21</a>

and look at the table compared to now and when he left:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2009-2010/table" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.statto.com/football/stats/en ... 2010/table</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2009-2010/table/2009-12-19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.statto.com/football/stats/en ... 2009-12-19</a>

Have you already forgotten about everything by now? 4 wins 10 draws 14 losses from the 28 away games in charge. That is 22 poins out of 84. 4 wins in 28 FFS... Teams have been relegated with a better record than that.

I was never a Hughes outer but please open your eyes. How many more millions and how much time did you want to give him? He didn't surround himself with anyone that actually could have really helped him. Would he ever have wanted someone like Brian Kidd? I think not. Do you really think a big name Brazilian, Italian, Spanish primadonna or whoever would listen to someone with the credentials like Hughes or someone like Mancini who already has achieved something?

Hughes was given time and money, but ultimately fell short.

These are Mancini's first few months in English Football, he's inherited a squad of players who he barely knows so let's support him, give him a chance and get behind the team.

Just cos we got the £ doesn't mean we'll get success over night; be patient fellow Blues - our time WILL come.

Keep the faith. MCFC OK.

the goats backside said:
We will start to progress when and if we appoint a manager that has time

Well I think Hughes had enough time... Hopefuly Mancini will get similar treatment.

TBH they should have sacked him last winter or when they took charge. No point in giving all that money to someone who had just come to the team expecting to do a completely different kind of job...

the goats backside said:
We will start to progress when and if we appoint a manager that has time

we should be telling mancini that job is his and he'll have money to spend in the summer, lets get some stability around the place.
i feel bob was cheated out of the january window.

Its amazing to me that, many on this board came up with the "well this isn't his team yet" for Hughes and yet now seem to think its fair to judge a man that has won 8 of his first 13 games. If someone can say it's unfair to judge Hughes after 200m 18months and 3 transfer windows(2 with money), yet then can judge Mancini after 8 weeks 11m 1 transfer window(with a limited budget), what am I missing???

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Its amazing to me that, many on this board came up with the "well this isn't his team yet" for Hughes and yet now seem to think its fair to judge a man that has won 8 of his first 13 games. If someone can say it's unfair to judge Hughes after 200m 18months and 3 transfer windows(2 with money), yet then can judge Mancini after 8 weeks 11m 1 transfer window(with a limited budget), what am I missing???
if you think we are progressing as a team, fair play but for me we seem to have gone backwards in terms of the football we see on the pitch, if results are all that matter, then ok but i could not watch that kind of football week in and week out

chinley blues said:
if you think we are progressing as a team, fair play but for me we seem to have gone backwards in terms of the football we see on the pitch, if results are all that matter, then ok but i could not watch that kind of football week in and week out
We look much more solid, but progressing no, I would agree that since the rags game we have looked very poor.

Good point and judging Mancini after such a short period of time is wrong. However, he inherited a far better squad of players from Hughes than Hughes did from Sven, and Sven did from Pearce. That's not meant as a dig at Sven or Pearce by the way, because they had far less money to spend than Hughes. I'm just making the point (as I did in another thread) that most managers would be very happy to work with the squad of players we had at the time Hughes was sacked. Mancini himself said, after evaluating the squad, that he felt we could even go on to win the league this season.

I will add that as wrong as it is to judge Mancini so early on, at least no-one has judged him immediately after his appointment which is what some of our fans did with Hughes.

One stat that interested me slightly:

Since Hughes left, Chelsea have 18 points from 9 games.

We have 16 points from 8 games, and a game in hand over Chelsea.

Not saying were any better than Chelsea or we are a rival to them for the title, just in terms of points, we're not far away from them at all since Mancini took over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.