"All The Pressure Is On City"

A A

Anonymous

Keep hearing this but I'm not sure it is wholly correct. Clearly challenging for the title brings pressure however I think there is more pressure on that lot than us.

We undoubtedly have a difficult run in compared to theirs'; that leads to expectation on their part. They also know they cannot afford a single blip (just as we can't of course) which is more pressure again. Some of the teams they play are scrapping for their lives and should make it difficult to play against - more pressure.

Finally, if (and I appreciate it's a big if) we beat Chelsea and Arsenal I feel sure that will send a huge message to them - more pressure.

They may be the bookies' favourites at the moment but there is a long way to go and the road is full of opportunity. I don't think pressure us telling in the players just now, I think it is more the fans who are going under.

Obviously, we'll see what happens tonight but I just know we can do this.

Sorry for the ramble.

Re:

strongbowholic said:
Keep hearing this but I'm not sure it is wholly correct. Clearly challenging for the title brings pressure however I think there is more pressure on that lot than us.

We undoubtedly have a difficult run in compared to theirs'; that leads to expectation on their part. They also know they cannot afford a single blip (just as we can't of course) which is more pressure again. Some of the teams they play are scrapping for their lives and should make it difficult to play against - more pressure.

Finally, if (and I appreciate it's a big if) we beat Chelsea and Arsenal I feel sure that will send a huge message to them - more pressure.

They may be the bookies' favourites at the moment but there is a long way to go and the road is full of opportunity. I don't think pressure us telling in the players just now, I think it is more the fans who are going under.

Obviously, we'll see what happens tonight but I just know we can do this.

Sorry for the ramble.
Definitely the fans who are feeling the pressure more than the players.

Re:

Believe me they are feeling the pressure too. This is why they are all sounding off in the press as per usual.

In the end quality counts and its my view that we have enough to see us through.

The match tonight will tell us a great deal about the types of characters we have. I don't see many as chokers and thats why i think we will win tonight and not lose at Arsenal.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they will come unstuck at home against someone who you would expect them to roll over.

CTID

I dunno why, but something just clicked this morning (possibly the anti psychoactive drugs kicking in). I suddenly feel incredibly calm about the whole situation. I don't care what they write or who refs etc. It is all down to that lot to win (including the small matter of coming to ours). It's all on their toes.

Re:

It is undoubtedly true that there is more pressure on us. United have won plenty of titles recently but have missed out a few times. Missing out isnt the end of the world for them because they have an established record of bouncing back.

The 1-6 created massive expectations for us and reduced the expectations for them. If they come back from that and win the league its a massive achievement for them. If they finish 2nd they'll argue that it was to be expected.

It's hard to deny that their squad isnt as strong as it has been. Their fans know that and will put a 2nd place down to part of the football cycle.

The pressure is on us.

Re:

when we were top the pressure was on us, now we are second the pressure is on us - make your fckn minds up, is the pressure ever on them?

Re: Re:

bored at work said:
when we were top the pressure was on us, now we are second the pressure is on us - make your fckn minds up, is the pressure ever on them?

like vincent said 'pressure only exists if you allow it, everday the players put pressure on themselves'

yes united have been they're and done it, but have ashley young?, tom cleverly? phil jones? danny welshit? fuck no, where as our crumblers NDJ (wc finalist) david silva (euro and world cup winner) yaya toure (acon finalist + numerous titles with barca including dicking them lot)

so in other words fuck the twats

Re:

pressure? no chance.

here's my take on pressure.
staying in the division, nay, any division.
clamouring for a "fair play" entry into europe.
hoping for a top six/seven finish whilst hoping a "top 4 club wins the cup to free up a place.
desperate for a top 4 finish ourselves to enter the CL at play off level.

all pressure of one sort or another.

we are 100% going to play champions league football next season and not by any play off etc so to me we are under no pressure whatsoever, we have in fact arrived, arrived big style and whats more we are here to stay.
now thats not pressure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.