All things vinyl...

Knight1979

Anyone a fan of it? What's your rarest find? What's your prized possession? What kind of player do you have? Any serious collectors or just casual listeners?

i have the original my generation - the who somewhere in the house

dont know if its worth anything though

also have a couple of early u2 on 7 and 12 inch
out of control and another day which i think are pretty rare but again i dont know

Knight1979 said:
Anyone a fan of it? What's your rarest find? What's your prized possession? What kind of player do you have? Any serious collectors or just casual listeners?

Big fan,Knight.
Got a pair of SL1210'S from D.J. days so quite a lot of Detroit techno - got a couple of Jeff Mills acetates & a lot of 8-ball promos.
Also master copy of "Playing with Fire" by Spacemen3 and several Slowdive,Chapterhouse & Ride white labels.
Anything you want burning,give me a shout,mate.

Sheesh......I looked for some shoegaze on ebay, its always hard to find and expensive. Nijinsky did you ever get into a band called Loop?Shoegaze with very repetitive, psychedelic drone. Iv'e been wanting to find some of their stuff.

I think the coolest thing I ever found was a Wire compilation album called, "In the Pink" and has cuts from their first three albums. It was made in France but I'm not sure how many were made. I found it at a used bookstore for about $4. I also have an early version (don't know how early) of White Light White Heat. Got a refurbished Denon player, not audiophile by a longshot but sounds nice.

Now we're talkin'

2693624084_1678e38b78.jpg
2693624434_3795211048.jpg

2693641262_08138be83c_b.jpg

2693640832_129d55874c_b.jpg

CD's sound dull to me.

Knight1979 said:
Sheesh......I looked for some shoegaze on ebay, its always hard to find and expensive. Nijinsky did you ever get into a band called Loop?Shoegaze with very repetitive, psychedelic drone. Iv'e been wanting to find some of their stuff.

I think the coolest thing I ever found was a Wire compilation album called, "In the Pink" and has cuts from their first three albums. It was made in France but I'm not sure how many were made. I found it at a used bookstore for about $4. I also have an early version (don't know how early) of White Light White Heat. Got a refurbished Denon player, not audiophile by a longshot but sounds nice.

Got a pretty raw C90 of Loop,from when they supported Cabaret Voltaire;(another underrated band),at Sheffield Leadmill.
Also got promo copy;(50 made),of "Chairs Missing".
For listening to vinyl at home,got a Linn Sondek turntable,Naim amp and pre-amp and Bose speakers.
In many ways;( background noise notwithstanding),sounds more "real" than CD or MP3.
Good to hear from ya mate.

Knight1979 said:
very nice BT! what kind of player is that?
It's a Project Debut, Marantz amp and just a Sony 5 disc changer with Tannoy Mercury speakers.

The speakers are due an upgrade and I might go for some floor standers.

Have about 400-450 albums, but sadly no player at the mo.

Have got a few that are hard to get hold of, but one of my favs is the Specials - Too Much Too Young EP on 12" Jap pressing. Absolutely mint condition.

I still occasionally buy vinyl. Last year i bought the limited collecter's box set edition of Radiohead - In Rainbows. Two 12" discs, the basic album on CD, and the second part of the album, or extra 10 tracks.. which ever you like to call it, (CD2).

A few weeks back i bought a limited edition of a Amy Winehouse Ska EP on vinyl. I think that might be worth some money one day.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330253074846

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.