All this talk of a quadruple is nonsense

The mound of injuries we have at the moment - we had three quarters of our first choice defence missing in the second half on Sunday and then were without their shield for extra time - shows just how hard it would be for City to go and do something no other English club has; mid you we did that last season for all the credit it got us.

I would love it if we won the domestic treble, personally I am less bothered about the Champions League. I think we really do have a decent chance of adding the Premier League and FA Cup to the League Cup, it's still a long shot but certainly possible. If we were to do it then it would put a bit of a dampener on their pathetic 20th anniversary remembrance celebrations.

Oh, and as well as a treble it would be a double-double which is one of the other things I remember them gloating about back when they weren't shit.
I had a row with a stupid red prick about winning a double....he was saying that we hadn't won "the double...as in fa cup and league title" I said how have we not won a double after winning 2 trophies? Fuckin thick as pig shit.

I'm not sure it disappeared in a couple of weeks, the rags had a good lead in the league from Christmas onward and wrapped it up with a couple of matches to spare.
It does illustrate that in the cups they're not won until the last kick of the last game though.

The best example imo is Bayern in the 2011/12 season, with 5 matches to go they had the league in their hands if they won against Dortmund and were in the final of the domestic cup and CL. They lost the league game and the cup final against Dortmund and threw away the CL against Chelsea with seconds left.
Fucking hell, that's unlucky.

I'm not sure it disappeared in a couple of weeks, the rags had a good lead in the league from Christmas onward and wrapped it up with a couple of matches to spare.
It does illustrate that in the cups they're not won until the last kick of the last game though.

The best example imo is Bayern in the 2011/12 season, with 5 matches to go they had the league in their hands if they won against Dortmund and were in the final of the domestic cup and CL. They lost the league game and the cup final against Dortmund and threw away the CL against Chelsea with seconds left.
Didn't they go on and do it the next season thoug

I would say realistic odds are that we are Evens to win the PL and 3/1 for the FAC which would make 7/1 to win them both I think. Add in the CL and it is still a very long shot!

I think Guordiola summed it perfectly saying "ask me in May" . This is just to add the pressure and nothing else. Media needs something to fill the papers up after all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.