All Time English League Table

I was watching a video earlier and it is a season by season league table for the English top flight and the thing that shocked me was that City sat higher than United for the majority of the 20 century indeed it wasn't until our relegation against Luton that they overtook us.... That being said we are now 1200 points behind! but we will overtake Chelsea and Spurs this season to moved into 6th spot

Until 97-98 Utd had played more games in Div 2/second tier or lower than City.

Totally, although I don't know much about Leeds historically as a place but my understanding before Don Revie it was more a Rugby town. Always found it strange that Bradford had two league sides for a long time and Leeds has only ever had one(although two teams).
It still is really a rugby town. Footy is clearly more popular as a spectator sport, but Leeds is full of rugby clubs, both codes. Its major issue is an inability to keep an RU team in the top flight.

Plenty of teams with "history" that get looked down on today. Just goes to show how ridiculous it all is.

United didn't overtake us until about 1984.

Rag s were always an average/shite team, always in our shadow, unfortunately since a certain period of time and the onset of media tv coverage around the time of their european cup success a myth started about some great historical club, the cunts fed that myth through the 80s when they were still wank and then profited from the sky years and the right appointment as manger to fit the new revenues.

Like chelsea only appear in the 2000s on that , historically a fucking average team that yo-yo'd between leagues until the 90s and then got investment to become.title.winners.

Most "big clubs" and the mentality that some clubs are bigger than other is all a modern fad borne out of media bullshit amd smart marketimg from certain clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.