All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

I don't know how people are organising their scoring system, but I'm using the 1-10 to cover the entire gamut of music: from the worst unlistenable garbage imaginable (1) to the my favourite albums of all time (10). Didn't know there was a 0 to be honest - you get 1 from me just for turning up for the recording!

This accounts for the 6s and 7s dished out so far (although Talking Heads was lucky to get 6 looking back) - not stuff I'd listen to again or buy, but I know that it's better than a lot of what is out there.

None of the 3 have come close to an 8 ("Right, you've got my attention") yet, but I think some of the scores have been harsh IMO.

I find myself often in the 6-8 range, i think it's because i listen to the Album over and over for a week and eventually it grows on me and i can find reason why it appeals to certain audiences

however, It's good to have a variety.

P1 rules i have stated a 0 counts as 1 in order to give it a average score.

No album deserves a zero really ... unless it's The Smiths.

I don't know how people are organising their scoring system, but I'm using the 1-10 to cover the entire gamut of music: from the worst unlistenable garbage imaginable (1) to the my favourite albums of all time (10). Didn't know there was a 0 to be honest - you get 1 from me just for turning up for the recording!

This accounts for the 6s and 7s dished out so far (although Talking Heads was lucky to get 6 looking back) - not stuff I'd listen to again or buy, but I know that it's better than a lot of what is out there.

None of the 3 have come close to an 8 ("Right, you've got my attention") yet, but I think some of the scores have been harsh IMO.
I fear that Dave Crosby is experiencing the shockwaves of people daring to challenge the greatness of Talking Heads - I should have known better really.......... ;-)

I fear that Dave Crosby is experiencing the shockwaves of people daring to challenge the greatness of Talking Heads - I should have known better really.......... ;-)
The second half of the David Crosby album is pretty dire, but the first 4 or 5 songs are far more my thing than Talking Heads.

As BH says, it's nice to have variety.

4/1000

1623411432452.png

Euphoria is the seventh studio album by English rock band Def Leppard, released on 8 June 1999 in the United States and on 14 June 1999 in the United Kingdom by Mercury Records. The album aimed to return to their signature sound made famous by the band in the 1980s. It was produced by the band with Pete Woodroffe. The album charted at No. 11 on the Billboard 200 and No. 11 on the UK Albums Chart. It includes the song "Promises", which hit the number one spot on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart.

1. Demolition Man
2. Promises
3. Back in Your Face
4. Goodbye
5. All Night
6. Paper Sun
7. It's Only Love
8. 21st Century Sha La La La Girl
9. To Be Alive
10. Disintegrate
11. Guilty
12. Day After Day
13. Kings of Oblivion
14. I Am Your Child
15. Worlds Collide
16. Under My Wheels
17. Immortal
18. Burn Out

Here we go! review No 4 - Def Leppard return to their roots and go back to the 'big stadium' sound they are renowned for with plenty of big guitars and catchy hooks , 'Promises' shares the same sort of format as their biggest ever hit 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' and 'Paper Sun' is a good rock song, but for 1999 going back to their Glam Rock heyday just seems out of touch - I'm a sucker for a Aerosmith type of rock ballad so enjoyed 'Goodbye' but the rest was a struggle and sounded at times more of a cheesy tribute band for Def Leppard, It's no 'Hysteria'.

Anyhow, give this a go and score out of 10 by the end of next week

This placed 692 out of the Top 1000

5/10

Have a good weekend Blues.

Not a fan either (Though I am of Joe Elliott's side band, The Down N' Outz. Basically a Mott/Mott The Hoople tribute band. He doesn't screech on their songs, and his voice is far better suited to it) and am sure their keen fans wouldn't rate Euphoria that highly.

4/1000

View attachment 18839

Euphoria is the seventh studio album by English rock band Def Leppard, released on 8 June 1999 in the United States and on 14 June 1999 in the United Kingdom by Mercury Records. The album aimed to return to their signature sound made famous by the band in the 1980s. It was produced by the band with Pete Woodroffe. The album charted at No. 11 on the Billboard 200 and No. 11 on the UK Albums Chart. It includes the song "Promises", which hit the number one spot on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart.

1. Demolition Man
2. Promises
3. Back in Your Face
4. Goodbye
5. All Night
6. Paper Sun
7. It's Only Love
8. 21st Century Sha La La La Girl
9. To Be Alive
10. Disintegrate
11. Guilty
12. Day After Day
13. Kings of Oblivion
14. I Am Your Child
15. Worlds Collide
16. Under My Wheels
17. Immortal
18. Burn Out

Here we go! review No 4 - Def Leppard return to their roots and go back to the 'big stadium' sound they are renowned for with plenty of big guitars and catchy hooks , 'Promises' shares the same sort of format as their biggest ever hit 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' and 'Paper Sun' is a good rock song, but for 1999 going back to their Glam Rock heyday just seems out of touch - I'm a sucker for a Aerosmith type of rock ballad so enjoyed 'Goodbye' but the rest was a struggle and sounded at times more of a cheesy tribute band for Def Leppard, It's no 'Hysteria'.

Anyhow, give this a go and score out of 10 by the end of next week

This placed 692 out of the Top 1000

5/10

Have a good weekend Blues.

Trying to keep an open mind with this one (can't say I've really listened to them) but I wouldn't have thought they aren't bag - looking forward to being proven wrong............ :-/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.