All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

4/1000

View attachment 18839

Euphoria is the seventh studio album by English rock band Def Leppard, released on 8 June 1999 in the United States and on 14 June 1999 in the United Kingdom by Mercury Records. The album aimed to return to their signature sound made famous by the band in the 1980s. It was produced by the band with Pete Woodroffe. The album charted at No. 11 on the Billboard 200 and No. 11 on the UK Albums Chart. It includes the song "Promises", which hit the number one spot on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart.

1. Demolition Man
2. Promises
3. Back in Your Face
4. Goodbye
5. All Night
6. Paper Sun
7. It's Only Love
8. 21st Century Sha La La La Girl
9. To Be Alive
10. Disintegrate
11. Guilty
12. Day After Day
13. Kings of Oblivion
14. I Am Your Child
15. Worlds Collide
16. Under My Wheels
17. Immortal
18. Burn Out

Here we go! review No 4 - Def Leppard return to their roots and go back to the 'big stadium' sound they are renowned for with plenty of big guitars and catchy hooks , 'Promises' shares the same sort of format as their biggest ever hit 'Pour Some Sugar On Me' and 'Paper Sun' is a good rock song, but for 1999 going back to their Glam Rock heyday just seems out of touch - I'm a sucker for a Aerosmith type of rock ballad so enjoyed 'Goodbye' but the rest was a struggle and sounded at times more of a cheesy tribute band for Def Leppard, It's no 'Hysteria'.

Anyhow, give this a go and score out of 10 by the end of next week

This placed 692 out of the Top 1000

5/10

Have a good weekend Blues.

Oh dear. Well, I am returning home after a week on the road so I’ll give this a listen and try — again — to keep an open mind.

However, that’s going to be difficult when I see comments like “Def Leppard return to their roots and go back to the 'big stadium' sound.”

Do you not see the inherent contradiction in such a sentence, @BlueHammer85? This sentence only works if we’re discussing Boston.

I just can't get Spinal Tap out of my head when i listen to this kind of music.
It's not Heavy Metal, is it? It's just heavy POP. It's made for the top 40.
I've managed to listen to a few songs...all kind of the same.
One song that has stood out so far for ME though is...Disintegrate. It's an instrumental so that fcking awful voice has a rest! It actually sounds like an intro to some Manic Street Preachers song from the 90s.
I'll give a score on Monday after a few more listens.

Listened to the first 6 tracks and while stadium rock isn't my thing at all there's just no real hook on any of them. They seem a sort of downmarket Bon Jovi, not that I'm a huge fan of them either but at least some of their tracks had a structure to them.

3/10

If it helps, Damon Hill plays guitar for opening track demolition man! (It’s not a bad tune)

Last edited:
5/10 - distinctly average

(Hysteria would be an 8/10 and "Animal" by Def Leppard is one of my favourite songs ever (and I don't know why!! Just love it))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.