All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

Is it ok if I sit this one out please? I listened to it once today and I'm not listening to it again thanks. Bad singing is bad singing and no matter how good the songs are, it's still bad singing.
I think the phrase "small doses" was invented for Dylan.
I get he is revered and respected, and song writing wise I'd agree, but there's no excuse for this.
Surrounded by other musicians as he was on the wilburys album, great, his contribution shines through. But left to his own devices, especially on this album in particular, mmm not convinced.
Apologies to the Dylan fans, but there's no denying this vocal performance is quite awful. If there was one or two upbeat tunes I might forgive it a little, but I found myself hankering for a bit of that Cohen album to cheer me up a bit.
I'm struggling, really struggling, to give it 1/10.
I'd rather not vote at all than give it what it's worth, which is fuck all.

I'm sorry, usually I can find something positive but this is just unpleasant (to my ears anyway)

Ok I'll give it 2/10 just as long as I don't have to go through it all again.

Really sorry to the many fans, I don't mean to be disrespectful I really don't, but I have to write what I hear.

It’s your opinion, nothing to apologise about!

Only disagreement with you is that you couldn’t hear anything upbeat on here ??!

‘Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum’ , ‘Summer Days’ , ‘Lonesome Day Blues’ and ‘High Water’ … all really upbeat tempo Blues tracks

It’s your opinion, nothing to apologise about!

Only disagreement with you is that you couldn’t hear anything upbeat on here ??!

‘Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum’ , ‘Summer Days’ , ‘Lonesome Day Blues’ and ‘High Water’ … all really upbeat tempo Blues tracks
Ok the first track pissed me off because he sings it the wrong way round. Tweedly dumming when he should be tweedly deeing.
'Summer days' is a little upbeat but it's ruined, ruined by his vocals. It didn't give me anything at all to be happy about.
'Lonesome day blues' isn't particularly upbeat.
'High water' has that quite nice guitar in the background, but unfortunately Bob can still be heard.

Is it ok if I sit this one out please? I listened to it once today and I'm not listening to it again thanks. Bad singing is bad singing and no matter how good the songs are, it's still bad singing.
I think the phrase "small doses" was invented for Dylan.
I get he is revered and respected, and song writing wise I'd agree, but there's no excuse for this.
Surrounded by other musicians as he was on the wilburys album, great, his contribution shines through. But left to his own devices, especially on this album in particular, mmm not convinced.
Apologies to the Dylan fans, but there's no denying this vocal performance is quite awful. If there was one or two upbeat tunes I might forgive it a little, but I found myself hankering for a bit of that Cohen album to cheer me up a bit.
I'm struggling, really struggling, to give it 1/10.
I'd rather not vote at all than give it what it's worth, which is fuck all.

I'm sorry, usually I can find something positive but this is just unpleasant (to my ears anyway)

Ok I'll give it 2/10 just as long as I don't have to go through it all again.

Really sorry to the many fans, I don't mean to be disrespectful I really don't, but I have to write what I hear.
Totally agree mate and you don't have to apologise for what your ears tell you! It's your view (and mine!) and you've given a good reason as to why you don't like it which is absolutely fine. This thread wouldn't exist if we all agreed on everything! What's really interesting is how and why we like different albums. I couldn't listen to this album again, but others love it! And I'll have albums I love that everyone hates, that's music!

I can give most music a good listen, but his voice on this album is diabolical. I gave it a 3, but in truth I could easily have given it 0. It only scored 3 with me because of the songs.

Totally agree mate and you don't have to apologise for what your ears tell you! It's your view (and mine!) and you've given a good reason as to why you don't like it which is absolutely fine. This thread wouldn't exist if we all agreed on everything! What's really interesting is how and why we like different albums. I couldn't listen to this album again, but others love it! And I'll have albums I love that everyone hates, that's music!

I can give most music a good listen, but his voice on this album is diabolical. I gave it a 3, but in truth I could easily have given it 0. It only scored 3 with me because of the songs.
Thanks mate.
I feel really bad about this, I nearly didn't write anything at all if I'm honest. But in the spirit of the thread I felt I had to.
I don't dislike Dylan, but as you say, the vocals aren't pretty on this, and no amount of plays will improve them.

Glad you enjoyed it mate. There's many different versions, but this is my favourite conducted by the brilliant Daniel Barenboin.

Wow that is pretty stunning. Normally I can talk bollocks about music for hours but how do you describe this? It's a feeling not easily conveyed, not by me anyway.
It's as I think you may have alluded to before, a gut feeling. This type of music I "hear" differently to any other genre. It's certainly very special that's for sure.
So what else should I be trying Bill?
And thank you btw.

Wow that is pretty stunning. Normally I can talk bollocks about music for hours but how do you describe this? It's a feeling not easily conveyed, not by me anyway.
It's as I think you may have alluded to before, a gut feeling. This type of music I "hear" differently to any other genre. It's certainly very special that's for sure.
And thank you btw.
Well if you loved Nimrod, I would recommend Elgars Cello Concerto, played here by the great Jacqueline du Pre with once again Daniel Barenboin conducting.
This piece takes you through the gammut of emotions, its almost like an acid trip if you stick headphones on and close your eyes. Stunningly beautiful.

Jacqueline du Pre & Daniel Barenboim - Elgar Cello Concerto​

Well if you loved Nimrod, I would recommend Elgars Cello Concerto, played here by the great Jacqueline du Pre with once again Daniel Barenboin conducting.
This piece takes you through the gammut of emotions, its almost like an acid trip if you stick headphones on and close your eyes. Stunningly beautiful.

Jacqueline du Pre & Daniel Barenboim - Elgar Cello Concerto​

Thank you Bill
I think you should start a classical music thread.
These are great palette cleansers and a reminder of where it all comes from.

And thank you btw.
Nice comments, sorry dont want to derail this thread :)

I think its 4 minutes 20 seconds that every music lover should listen too, pure emotion, especially through good headphones.

Nice comments, sorry dont want to derail this thread :)

I think its 4 minutes 20 seconds that every music lover should listen too, pure emotion, especially through good headphones.
Blue hammer won't mind, and even if he does, fuck him the cockney cowboy ;-)
Seriously, start a classical music discussion thread mate, not necessarily an album review jobby, just somewhere you can post a video and discuss it.
I'm currently watching that one you just recommended for instance, the cello one. Much darker but I love that lead. She's ace

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.