All Time Top 1100 Albums - Led Zeppelin (III) - P226

Onholiday(somemightsay)

Old men in a pub, didn’t mean much to me, and I was amazed you could be so confident. But it was only after your comment that I got the significance of what’s on the table.
You know what, I didn't even look at it.

I heard London and assumed picture equivalent when I glanced at it - wasn't looking for clues.

Fair fucks @BlueHammer85 ...............

crublue1

Just thinking about Macca, as you do, but has he always lived in the UK?
I can't remember him ever living abroad apart from the spells he had whilst working. Happy for a Beatles guy to fill here.
I'm sure in my recent memory he lives in Scotland?
Not looking to point fingers at anyone else but if true fair play to him.
Might fill a bit of time while we wait for Derek;-)

Bill Walker

Just thinking about Macca, as you do, but has he always lived in the UK?
I can't remember him ever living abroad apart from the spells he had whilst working. Happy for a Beatles guy to fill here.
I'm sure in my recent memory he lives in Scotland?
Not looking to point fingers at anyone else but if true fair play to him.
Might fill a bit of time while we wait for Derek;-)
Always lived in Suffolk, since he moved from Liverpool then St Johns Wood, London...he has a farm in Scotland which he bought in 1969.
Sent all his kids to the local state school in Suffolk.
The comment about the Stones I think was taken out of context by some grubby journo.
He seemed to mean in the early days they were a blues cover band, which is true, and most of their music is rooted in the blues. Which is true.
He did also state they are a fantastic band.

Bill Walker

Was it you who used the term “Delta blues”? I actually think that’s a better description for this.

I’ve listened to “Honest With Me” quite a few times in a row now — really liking it.
I used the Delta Blues term in my description of the beginning of Cry A While.
There's a few types of Blues, Mississippi Delta was based around the north side of the river, it's charaterised by bottleneck guitar, sliding the string with the neck of a bottle or knife.
Also sometimes call and response from voice to guitar and varying from the standard 12 bar blues pattern.

Actually this fucking Dylan album is growing on me. :)

Last edited:

crublue1

Always lived in Suffolk, since he moved from Liverpool then St Johns Wood, London...he has a farm in Scotland which he bought in 1969.
Sent all his kids to the local state school in Suffolk.
The comment about the Stones I think was taken out of context by some grubby journo.
He seemed to mean in the early days they were a blues cover band, which is true, and most of their music is rooted in the blues. Which is true.
He did also state they are a fantastic band.
I'd imagine that a lot of bands started out doing covers, then some bright spark amongst them writes a song and here we go.

I've never been in a band but I imagine it's great just playing for a few quid with your mates.

That magical hotch potch of coincidental mayhem becomes something approaching fame.

Then we have stardom, image, musical differences, drugs, alcohol, fights, gigs, reviews, totp, groupies, managers, tours, arrests, shagging, fights, verbals, rivalry, and above all, great music.
And we wonder why we all mark an album out of ten differently.

BimboBob

Did I miss the deadline?

Damn, had it on this afternoon. Listened to the whole album twice.

I then did the following...

I rang the electricity people we use to be put on hold for an hour.

I then rang my doctors to be put on hold for 45 minutes.

Being put on hold twice was far more pleasurable than listening to dear old Bob moaning his way through another album. Musically all over the shop. Blues? Really? Jazz? Throw any old shit at a wall?

I've just realised that I own a Bob Dylan album. From 1966. A greatest hits.

Should have stopped then.

2/10

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.