All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

The 16 song version is the best live album ever made period, not one dud all great songs, original and unique(with the exception of take me to the river if memory serves me correctly)

Probably the only album I would give a 10/10 for.

Genius.

Edit I would give substance 1987 a 10 if compilations were allowed. The songs on both were reworked i believe and sent them from good/very good to perfection.
Substance is in Larkin’s top 1000 so you will have a chance to give it 10/10.

I would, however, suggest it receive an 11 :)

Considered the benchmark for live performances. 10/10 for me. It's as much theatre as a concert but throw in such high quality of musical craftsmanship and you have a masterpiece.

This is why I emphasised to watch the live performance first rather than listening - seeing the musicianship quality and the unique David Byrne gives it a real different perspective and I admire them a lot more than I would have.

Obviously not heard Bruce Springsteen's Live 75-85 boxset.
I said “might” :) But I’m gonna quibble . . . . that’s a collection of live recordings, not a concert. It’s culled from 10 years; SMS is 2 nights, same tour. He’s arguably the best live artist in rock — certainly one of them. But I’m not sure that counts.

I said “might” :) But I’m gonna quibble . . . . that’s a collection of live recordings, not a concert. It’s culled from 10 years; SMS is 2 nights, same tour. He’s arguably the best live artist in rock — certainly one of them. But I’m not sure that counts.
Well, obviously it's subjective, but I take your point. The main difference being that whether you like his music or not, he turns up, plays songs, some fast, some slow, some long, some short. From what I've heard of the Talking Heads concert, they played a few half-decent tunes to start the concert off, and then dicked around with keyboards for 3/4 of the running time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.