All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

Well, I've searched the list for demons, devils, exorcists and poltergeists and I've come up blank.
The best I can do is Pantera, Jane's Addiction or Nine Inch Nails, but these are wild stabs in the dark.
Maybe a Primal Scream...?

I'll take a guess -- Use Your Illusion I by Guns N' Posers . . . errrrrrrrr . . . Roses.

Opens with "Right Next Door To Hell".

Speaking of that, I lived a half block from the Exorcist house and steps for three years while in school.

Unless it's "Runnin' With the Devil", which would be heaven for me, but that's 70's.

And then there's "The Number of the Beast".

Cheers Blues! Great reviews and a huge 23 votes!
After 5 months sitting on top of the league with 'Remain In Light' Talking heads get beat by... Talking Heads! 'Stop Making Sense' now goes top

Talking Heads / Stop Making Sense
23 Votes
Average Score = 7.3

new album review tomorrow.
Updated table on Page 1

Next up.. some late 80's/early 90's heavy Metal

View attachment 28901
Talking Heads finally overtaken by errrr Talking Heads?

This is the not the day of reckoning I had envisaged...............

After 5 months sitting on top of the league with 'Remain In Light' Talking heads get beat by... Talking Heads! 'Stop Making Sense' now goes top

23 Votes
Average Score = 7.3

Updated table on Page 1

View attachment 28901
It's not a surprise they've got the top 2 spots on here with the age demographic.

23 Votes
Average Score = 7.3

Updated table on Page 1

View attachment 28901
It's the tension that gets you............. ;-)

24/1100

1635502186196.png

Vulgar Display of Power is the sixth studio album by American heavy metal band Pantera. Released on February 25, 1992 through Atco Records, it was the band's second collaboration with producer Terry Date, after having previously worked with him on their breakthrough album Cowboys from Hell (1990).

The album was well received by both critics and fans, and is Pantera's highest selling album to date and would eventually be certified double platinum. It is often considered one of the most influential heavy metal albums of the 1990s. In 2017, Rolling Stone ranked Vulgar Display of Power 10th on their list of 'The 100 Greatest Metal Albums of All Time'. Several of its tracks have become among the band's best known, such as "Mouth for War", "A New Level", "Walk", "Fucking Hostile", and "This Love".

1. Mouth For War
2. A New Level
3. Walk
4. Fucking Hostile
5. This Love
6. Rise
7. No Good (Attack the Radical)
8. Live In a Hole
9. Regular People (Conceit)
10. By Demons Be Driven
11. Hollow

Here we go! Review No.24 - the Bluemoon detective team were unable to decipher the picture clue and to be fair - it was a tough one - although @RobMCFC did mention Pantera - here you go

This is an aggressive and hardcore Metal I think I've heard, looking back it made the 'Black Album' seem pretty soft! At first listen it sounded just shouty thrash nonsense - but as the week went on and after a few listen (like most Albums) it grew on me, It seemed after Metallica went down the commercial route - Pantera tried to stay close to the roots of Heavy thrash Metal, although there is one or two tracks here that can be considered metal ballads - 'This Love' probably the stand out with a great intro, riffs and solo - also nice to hear lead singer Anselmo showcase his voice rather than just screaming - 'Hollow' another ballad and another breakdown track, similar feel with deep meaningful lyrics, riffs and quality solo from guitarist Dimebag who steals the show all through out this Album - as I mentioned before - I love it when Heavy Metal bands do ballads.
But let's get to the meat and bones here! Mouth For War', 'A New Level', ' F*^*ing hostile' and their biggest hit 'Walk' are all heavy ballsy tracks, full of massive riffs and screaming vocals.

This isn't my cup of tea but I did appreciate it after more listens and for the Metal genre no doubt this was one of the most influential albums from the 90's.

Now all you TH fans walking for the Exit door, stick around! be good to keep the voting numbers up.

This placed number 737 out of the Top 1000

5/10

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.