All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

Not in this review but I might have bandied the term around before. I associate delta blues with the resonator guitar/dobro and I'm not sure that it applies here. It's definitely "the blues" on many of the tracks, maybe with some old-time country. @Bill Walker seems like the kind of guy who could educate us more on the difference.
Any tune with a slide guitar...is a general rule for Delta Blues...Mississippi Delta that is...Robert Johnson onwards.

Any tune with a slide guitar...is a general rule for Delta Blues...Mississippi Delta that is...Robert Johnson onwards.
It definitely involves slide, just wasn’t sure whether it had to be a certain type of guitar to be considered true delta blues, but probably not.

It definitely involves slide, just wasn’t sure whether it had to be a certain type of guitar to be considered true delta blues, but probably not.
Must have started with a bottleneck on the finger....and acoustic guitar...so that would give you the 'purest' Delta sound. But yeah I think that jangly Dobro guitar sound sits in the genre.

Cheers Blues! Unfortunately just the 12 votes this week - was 22 last week for Metallica, Lucky i have a solid bunch who show up for every Album and don't pick and choose!

Despite much respect for Bob I think most are sick of the sight of my love affair with Dylan and having to sit through a 60 year old rasping away was a bit too much for many, still - Me and Fog enjoyed. On we roll.

Bob Dylan /'Love & Theft'
12 votes
Average Score = 4.9

new album review tomorrow.
Updated table on Page 1

Next up.. we head to London for some 70's Blues Rock

View attachment 28000
70's blues rock - no-one else excited?

Gary's defo got a boner again............

Not in this review but I might have bandied the term around before. I associate delta blues with the resonator guitar/dobro and I'm not sure that it applies here. It's definitely "the blues" on many of the tracks, maybe with some old-time country. @Bill Walker seems like the kind of guy who could educate us more on the difference.
Rory Gallagher likes this post...........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.