All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

Cheers Blues! Unfortunately just the 12 votes this week - was 22 last week for Metallica, Lucky i have a solid bunch who show up for every Album and don't pick and choose!

Despite much respect for Bob I think most are sick of the sight of my love affair with Dylan and having to sit through a 60 year old rasping away was a bit too much for many, still - Me and Fog enjoyed. On we roll.

Bob Dylan /'Love & Theft'
12 votes
Average Score = 4.9

new album review tomorrow.
Updated table on Page 1

Next up.. we head to London for some 70's Blues Rock

View attachment 28000
Sorry about that.

Didn't get the time to give it 2 listens and didn't realise time was up. There's one Dylan album that I love and is one of the few non-classical albums that I play regularly and would score that one 10/10. This one isn't it though and based on only one listen a few days ago, I wouldn't score it more than 6.

Obviously too late with my score and not really fair after only one listen. Will try to do better with the next one!

Sorry about that.

Didn't get the time to give it 2 listens and didn't realise time was up. There's one Dylan album that I love and is one of the few non-classical albums that I play regularly and would score that one 10/10. This one isn't it though and based on only one listen a few days ago, I wouldn't score it more than 6.

Obviously too late with my score and not really fair after only one listen. Will try to do better with the next one!
Tbf one listen was more than enough for me ;-)

Old men in a pub, didn’t mean much to me, and I was amazed you could be so confident. But it was only after your comment that I got the significance of what’s on the table.
You know what, I didn't even look at it.

I heard London and assumed picture equivalent when I glanced at it - wasn't looking for clues.

Fair fucks @BlueHammer85 ...............

Just thinking about Macca, as you do, but has he always lived in the UK?
I can't remember him ever living abroad apart from the spells he had whilst working. Happy for a Beatles guy to fill here.
I'm sure in my recent memory he lives in Scotland?
Not looking to point fingers at anyone else but if true fair play to him.
Might fill a bit of time while we wait for Derek;-)

Just thinking about Macca, as you do, but has he always lived in the UK?
I can't remember him ever living abroad apart from the spells he had whilst working. Happy for a Beatles guy to fill here.
I'm sure in my recent memory he lives in Scotland?
Not looking to point fingers at anyone else but if true fair play to him.
Might fill a bit of time while we wait for Derek;-)
Always lived in Suffolk, since he moved from Liverpool then St Johns Wood, London...he has a farm in Scotland which he bought in 1969.
Sent all his kids to the local state school in Suffolk.
The comment about the Stones I think was taken out of context by some grubby journo.
He seemed to mean in the early days they were a blues cover band, which is true, and most of their music is rooted in the blues. Which is true.
He did also state they are a fantastic band.

Was it you who used the term “Delta blues”? I actually think that’s a better description for this.

I’ve listened to “Honest With Me” quite a few times in a row now — really liking it.
I used the Delta Blues term in my description of the beginning of Cry A While.
There's a few types of Blues, Mississippi Delta was based around the north side of the river, it's charaterised by bottleneck guitar, sliding the string with the neck of a bottle or knife.
Also sometimes call and response from voice to guitar and varying from the standard 12 bar blues pattern.

Actually this fucking Dylan album is growing on me. :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.