All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

Except the fact that imo honest opinion it isnt really "live"
You've found the smoking gun Bill! Although I didn't like the music too much, the production did sound very good.
I've read a few reports that suggested that the audio was originally poor on this release and that it was "cleaned up" 15 years later.

I vote that this is album is thrown out in a Milli Vanilli-style scandal.

Except the fact that imo honest opinion it isnt really "live" Ive watched the BluRay of this album and although I know were not reviewing the the film here, the two are intertwined.
Dare I say that it's almost too good. How can David Byrne do a 5 minutes jog around the stage and then continue to sing without sounding out of breath? Was he just in great shape? Likewise the bass and one of the guitars: is it easy to play while running in place like that?
While watching the current DVD release, I was watching / listening to "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)", and he's still monkeying with the mike stand when (audio) his vocal comes back on full volume even though (video) the mike is away from his mouth at that time.
The part where the band does Tom Tom Club Genius of Love, track 13...mid way through the track;
@ 1hr 27 min and 42 seconds - Tina Weymouth (bass player) appears to me NOT playing the bass track anymore. Up to that point it was very much her but after her dancing around the stage a bit, clearly to me thats not her playing bass, it does not sync whats so ever.
Actually, it was filmed over three nights. I believe it went like this: they chose one audio performance for each song but the first night they filmed straight ahead, the second night they filmed from the left, the third from the right. Or similar. So there are a lot of parts out of sync. There WERE overdubs, and maybe even an above average number compared to most live LPs.

However I really like the album, its a very nice listen and some nice quirky and catchy songs.
I dont consider David in any way a great singer, in fact this album loses points because his voice gets monotone and slightly boring. Yes there's quite a few fillers. But some great Toones also !
I never got really into TH as much as The Police in the New Wave genre but I did enjoy their singles.
Its not a classic imo but I do like it. And I enjoyed listening again AND watching the film. In defense of TH I dont know of any unedited or re-recorded parts on "Live" albums, unless they are Bootlegs or old Jazz recordings. (of which there are hundreds) My favourite Live albums are, Yessongs and Weather Reports, Live In Tokyo... they were also edited.

Im giving it 6/10
All fair points sir

Apart from the score:-)

Cheers Blues! Great reviews and a huge 23 votes!
After 5 months sitting on top of the league with 'Remain In Light' Talking heads get beat by... Talking Heads! 'Stop Making Sense' now goes top

Talking Heads / Stop Making Sense
23 Votes
Average Score = 7.3

new album review tomorrow.
Updated table on Page 1

Next up.. some late 80's/early 90's heavy Metal

1635419165077.png

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.