All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

It's funny,2 years ago I'd have said I have enough music in my collection I'd lost touch with new music probably since the early 90s. From the first lockdown maybe with the demise of Rush, I decided if I like Rush maybe I should revisit some older stuff anyway my daughter put me onto her apple music account meaning I could listen to loads of stuff without paying for it. Long story short. In the last 2 years discovered some Yes some Genesis quite a bit of Tull and Kansas I like. Also like a lot of newer stuff like Frost Dream Theater, Spocks Beard, Threshold Transatlatic. So almost like being 18 again discovering new. to me music.
Still can't getr Pink Floyd, King Crimson though.

I'd be totally out of touch with recent music if it wasn't for my 20 year old daughters, who I have taken to a fair number of gigs, incl. a couple of Reading Festivals, over several years prior to the COVID era. Some of those gigs would be their music and some classic stuff I felt they had to see.

Very little new music has end up in my collection as a result; although Foo fighters have become a must see (not that new anyway and already had one or two of their albums). I do find it hard to take to most new rock bands and actively dislike the sound of a lot of new music.

However, I love going back in time and finding bands that I didn't listen to or delving deeper into the catalogues of bands I like but stopped buying. I still insist on buying cds and have used the lockdown period to expand my collection (not that I didn't have enough music to last a lifetime). Any investment I have made in cds is more than paid for by not having a season ticket for City last season, hardly using the car etc. Also, I wait for things on my wish list to appear at a low price and mostly buy used cds.

New (old) bands to my collection have included Traffic, The Animals and Small Faces. I've now got everything the Beatles originally released. I've added loads of UFO (a band I love but stopped buying in the early 80's), a fair bit of Scorpions, early Fleetwood Mac...

I'm just listening to an album by The Strokes for the first time (Is This It) and I'm about to load to my iTunes four Beach boys albums, 16 REO SpeedWagon albums and albums by Ultravox, Duran Duran, Bad Company, Los Lonely Boys and even a newish band called Bigfoot.

Not everything is stuff I haven't heard or don't own on vinyl (or cd is some cases) but hearing good or great music that is new to the ears remains a real pleasure.

That’s a great story Mr BP.
Like you I can’t do Floyd and KC.
I am a Yes fanatic and like Frost,DT Genesis and Kansas too.
Frost got new album out and Yes to follow in October Good Taste imho.

I do like Floyd.

Got a bit of Crimson but not a big fan. Saw them live a few years back and it was impressive in some ways but once was enough.

Off to see Genesis next month and I understand the old stuff will be given a good airing.

The bass player in Kansas once strolled over to my friend and I and chatted to us before he walked on stage in front of 60,000 people in Oakland (we were guests of UFO, who were also on the bill).

Never listened to Frost, maybe I need to check them out.

I do like Floyd.

Got a bit of Crimson but not a big fan. Saw them live a few years back and it was impressive in some ways but once was enough.

Off to see Genesis next month and I understand the old stuff will be given a good airing.

The bass player in Kansas once strolled over to my friend and I and chatted to us before he walked on stage in front of 60,000 people in Oakland (we were guests of UFO, who were also on the bill).

Pray tell, re the Genesis set list. What do you know pal?

Pray tell, re the Genesis set list. What do you know pal?
Just saw this yesterday:

Genesis are to release a new collection, The Last Domino? as a four LP or two CD set on September 17.

The new set is also the title of the band's upcoming reunion tour, which will feature "a majority" of material from the classic five-piece Peter Gabriel era, stretching as far back as 1973's Selling England By The Pound, as well as material from 1974's The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway and 1976's Wind & Wuthering.

In addition, the band will be performing more recent material from the Tony Banks, Phil Collins, and Mike Rutherford line-up, who are conducting the current reunion tour.

I do like Floyd.

Frost remind me a little of Spocks Beard if that helps, The fist album Milliontown especially.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.