All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

How many words are there for awful? Not sure, but i'm probably about to use most of them.
I made the mistake of putting this on for the first time straight after the game yesterday. Any album that can put me in a bad mood after an away win must be pretty dire, and this managed to do it quite easily.
The opening track is dreadful, sounding like 2 or 3 bad songs randomly stitched together by someone who's never used a mixing desk before. It's all over the shop.
Ah well, track 2 then. I actually laughed at this as it progressed. Is he taking the piss? It's not even proper cha cha, and has lyrics that were penned by a five year old. Comical.
Christ, 2 tracks in and i'm already resenting the time spent on this drivel.
Hey ho, cant get any worse though can it, but he quickly proves me wrong with the truely horrendous not here, not now. I'm in agreement with him here, should have called it not here, not ever, put it as track 1 and saved us all a lot of time. The piano is pleasant enough, but it's just that, pleasant piano. Woop de fucking do.
You cant get what you want- we know jo, a decent tune would be nice.
Go for it- yep, the fucking off button.
Happy ending- lol, no words needed.
Be my number two- quite apt as the whole album is a pile of them.
Sorry to be so critical but this is comfortably the worst album i've had the displeasure of listening to for yonks.
I'm struggling to say anything positive about it really, other than it sounds a lot better with the volume turned down, preferably to 0.
Utter tod.
Really disapointing given the quality of his early work.
2/10.
Would have been less, but i've had a guinness and i'm feeling generous.

How many words are there for awful? Not sure, but i'm probably about to use most of them.
I made the mistake of putting this on for the first time straight after the game yesterday. Any album that can put me in a bad mood after an away win must be pretty dire, and this managed to do it quite easily.
The opening track is dreadful, sounding like 2 or 3 bad songs randomly stitched together by someone who's never used a mixing desk before. It's all over the shop.
Ah well, track 2 then. I actually laughed at this as it progressed. Is he taking the piss? It's not even proper cha cha, and has lyrics that were penned by a five year old. Comical.
Christ, 2 tracks in and i'm already resenting the time spent on this drivel.
Hey ho, cant get any worse though can it, but he quickly proves me wrong with the truely horrendous not here, not now. I'm in agreement with him here, should have called it not here, not ever, put it as track 1 and saved us all a lot of time. The piano is pleasant enough, but it's just that, pleasant piano. Woop de fucking do.
You cant get what you want- we know jo, a decent tune would be nice.
Go for it- yep, the fucking off button.
Happy ending- lol, no words needed.
Be my number two- quite apt as the whole album is a pile of them.
Sorry to be so critical but this is comfortably the worst album i've had the displeasure of listening to for yonks.
I'm struggling to say anything positive about it really, other than it sounds a lot better with the volume turned down, preferably to 0.
Utter tod.
Really disapointing given the quality of his early work.
2/10.
Would have been less, but i've had a guinness and i'm feeling generous.
Nice review. Cant wait to listen to this.

You know when somebody releases a book or an album and they get quotes from everybody to help sell the album? Well just imagine the fun we could have with this one putting the best of the random soundbites in a mock advert!

Nice review. Cant wait to listen to this.

You know when somebody releases a book or an album and they get quotes from everybody to help sell the album? Well just imagine the fun we could have with this one putting the best of the random soundbites in a mock advert!
You know what mate, honestly, pretend you've listened to it and give it a 1 or 2.
I've just saved you 45 minutes of your life.
And i'm only half joking.
;-)

Well, this review shows how subjective music is!

I'd not heard this album before, but I LOVE Night and Day.

I like Joe Jackson as a musician, he really knows how to play and is able to blend styles together and make it work. I think on this album it felt like he was trying to make another Night and Day, but he just didn't have the material. I just can't help comparing the two albums as they were made about the same time.

It's a hard one to review as I didn't dislike any of it at all. I liked the latino sound and I am a fan of his voice and of course, he's a superb musician.

In some ways, I feel this album is like the Talk Talk one in that there was something in it that I think I need to listen to again to see if I like it. As such, I feel there's something there I quite like. And, to be fair, I'm going to mark this how I think I will do if I listen to it 10 times. I think it could grow on me this one, but I also partly think would I ever choose to listen to it over NAD? Probably not.

Before I give my score, this and a couple of the other albums got me thinking. I've found this a great thread to find new music I've not heard before. Some of it I have heard before too though. I've not read the book that the albums are taken from, and I could quite easily be completely wrong here. It does happen!

Whilst it's possible that Joe Jackson may have multiple albums in the top 1000, this album is not as good as the exceptional Night and Day. As a Beck fan, we had Mellow Gold over Odelay. As a CSNY fan we had CSN over Deja Vu by CSNY. I'm not a Def Leppard fan, although I like some songs by them, but Hysteria is simply a far better album. You see where I'm going with this.

Is the author a wind up merchant? :)

Anyway, I'll give this a 7..!

A great album that was the follow up to one of my favourites 'Jumpin Jive'. Paved the way to the slick ersatz Night and Day. I think this has aged better but the production, although pristine is of its time. Some lyrics did not chime well in Thatcherite Britain. Go for It could be interpreted as Thatherism incarnate.
I still whack on Cha Cha Loco on my DJ rig at house parties and it still gets the faux dancers going...
I love the album despite it's foibles. It has also helped me sell on loads of hifi gear as it's sound makes any speakers sound great (initially).
This stuff is still played at HiFi shows sometimes..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.