All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

Euurghh! It's like a Disney film soundtrack in places, some tracks could be East 17 or Take That. It doesn't bode well when you start counting how many tracks are left when you're still on song 1.

Demolition Man - 3/10
Promises - 3/10
Back In Your Face - 1/10
Goodbye - 1/10
All Night - 0/10
Paper Sun - 6/10
It's Only Love - 0/10
21st... - 0/10
To Be Alive - 2/10
Disintegrate - 0/10
Guilty - 0/10
Day After Day - 1/10
Kings Of Oblivion - 2/10

Avg Score - 1.46/10 - I'll round it up to 2/10 to match Beth Orton's effort, only because I think I overscored hers.

I haven't listened to Def Leppard since the eighties (just the big 2 albums) but this is just bland vocals (tbf I don't remember Hysteria and Paranoia being great for that either), overuse of the backing vocals/refrain, forgettable riffs and solos, drums .. everything really. Some of the songs physically offended me, e.g. the way Guilty starts then changes key. So how did they end up with so many songs on an album?

Really tried with this one - put it on when in slightly different moods commuting to and from work so see if it would make a difference to how I was hearing the music. Not even remotely.

I cannot relate to this music it does nothing for me, grown men being OTT with skull and bones etc and not really playing anything for any particular reason just isn't my bag (kind of the feeling o het towards the likes of Blink 182 or or the likes).

As you may have guessed by my narrative, I'm not really warming to this album in my various care journeys and then I realise how many fucking songs there are on it (I pretty much had a full on Ashley Cole moment where I nearly crashed the fucking car out of sheer frustration)!!!!!!

I am all for people getting their monies worth but if the overall standard is shite what is the point?

I am going to score this another 2 with Talking Heads (I was considering awarding a 1 but I think I need to reserve this particular score for when the likes of Hucknell are given to us for a week of reflection.

I hope the musical gods are kinder to us all this week...........

2/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.