All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

Always lived in Suffolk, since he moved from Liverpool then St Johns Wood, London...he has a farm in Scotland which he bought in 1969.
Sent all his kids to the local state school in Suffolk.
The comment about the Stones I think was taken out of context by some grubby journo.
He seemed to mean in the early days they were a blues cover band, which is true, and most of their music is rooted in the blues. Which is true.
He did also state they are a fantastic band.
I'd imagine that a lot of bands started out doing covers, then some bright spark amongst them writes a song and here we go.

I've never been in a band but I imagine it's great just playing for a few quid with your mates.

That magical hotch potch of coincidental mayhem becomes something approaching fame.

Then we have stardom, image, musical differences, drugs, alcohol, fights, gigs, reviews, totp, groupies, managers, tours, arrests, shagging, fights, verbals, rivalry, and above all, great music.
And we wonder why we all mark an album out of ten differently.

Did I miss the deadline?

Damn, had it on this afternoon. Listened to the whole album twice.

I then did the following...

I rang the electricity people we use to be put on hold for an hour.

I then rang my doctors to be put on hold for 45 minutes.

Being put on hold twice was far more pleasurable than listening to dear old Bob moaning his way through another album. Musically all over the shop. Blues? Really? Jazz? Throw any old shit at a wall?

I've just realised that I own a Bob Dylan album. From 1966. A greatest hits.

Should have stopped then.

2/10

Did I miss the deadline?

Damn, had it on this afternoon. Listened to the whole album twice.

I then did the following...

I rang the electricity people we use to be put on hold for an hour.

I then rang my doctors to be put on hold for 45 minutes.

Being put on hold twice was far more pleasurable than listening to dear old Bob moaning his way through another album. Musically all over the shop. Blues? Really? Jazz? Throw any old shit at a wall?

I've just realised that I own a Bob Dylan album. From 1966. A greatest hits.

Should have stopped then.

2/10
Quite brilliant.

I'd imagine that a lot of bands started out doing covers, then some bright spark amongst them writes a song and here we go.
Yes lots of bands started off playing blues, it was quite an easy genre to play ..mainly three chords in every song.
Even Pink Floyd started as a Blues band the Animals The Yardbirds The Hollies etcetera etcetera.
The Beatles were never rooted in the British Blues boom. They just mainly played popular songs by all kinds of artists.

Yes lots of bands started off playing blues, it was quite an easy genre to play ..mainly three chords in every song.
Even Pink Floyd started as a Blues band the Animals The Yardbirds The Hollies etcetera etcetera.
The Beatles were never rooted in the British Blues boom. They just mainly played popular songs by all kinds of artists.
I may be wrong but weren't led zeps roots in skiffle?

More Blues I think.
Bow to your knowledge as ever Bill but I'm sure I remember them playing some skiffle way back. Blues though obviously a big influence, in fact the only one really. The skiffle thing is probably a figment of my imagination lol

Bow to your knowledge as ever Bill but I'm sure I remember them playing some skiffle way back. Blues though obviously a big influence, in fact the only one really. The skiffle thing is probably a figment of my imagination lol
Wikipedia has this;

Led Zeppelin were an English rock band formed in London in 1968. The group consisted of vocalist Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page, bassist/keyboardist John Paul Jones, and drummer John Bonham. With a heavy, guitar-driven sound, they are cited as one of the progenitors of hard rock and heavy metal, although their style drew from a variety of influences, including blues and folk music.

There you go a variety of influences !
Although Heavily influenced by Blues you can hear the folk roots in some of their acoustic songs.

London 70.s blues pub rock...look no further than...

The Pirates
Nick Lowe / Dave Edmunds
Ducks deluxe
Eddie & The Hot Rods
Kilburn & The High Roads
The 101 ers
The Hammersmith Gorillas

The mighty DR FEELGOOD

and of course....Chas & Dave.

Gertcha! ....The clapton/yardbirds/john Mayall / Fleetwood Mac et al era...was the 60.s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.