All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

Indeed it was, but the band was formed in London and they debuted live in London.
this is a tough one blue hammer but a good choice once again.

Any album that gets a life time Grammy has to be reckoned with but I am torn because the best tracks for me clearly are some of the covers of the classics.

I first listened to it by chance after "discovering" Blind Faith back in the early seventies another one album so called super group and I have to admit I haven't listened to many of the tracks for a long time.

Most albums that I enjoy now grow on me over time some I didn't take much notice to upon first listening to.

Layla has the riff no doubt but my favourite piece in fact is the piano coda credited to Jim.

its not my favourite track on the album in fact its not in the first three.

I will have a decent listen as its too far gone for me and come up with a rating.

Last edited:
this is a tough one blue hammer but a good choice once again.

Any album that gets a life time Grammy has to be reckoned with but I am torn because the best tracks for me clearly are some of the covers of the classics.

I first listened to it by chance after "discovering" Blind Faith back in the early seventies another one album so called super group and I have to admit I haven't listened to many of the tracks for a long time.

Most albums that I enjoy now grow on me over time some I didn't take much notice to upon first listening to.

Layla has the riff no doubt but my favourite piece in fact is the piano coda credited to Jim.

its not my favourite track on the album in fact its not in the first three.

I will have a decent listen as its too far gone for me and come up with a rating.
Apologies blue hammer I fell asleep before completing the post and semi kicked it to the forum.

Feel free to unlike it now if you can (LOL).

Love the work you are doing by the way on this thread , don't know how you find the time to be honest.

So Layla has to be awarded 9/10 by your truly.

I generally prefer the originals to the covers and the title track is still the album highlight for me but there's a host of good songs on here. There's nothing very clever about the songs themselves but the album has a wonderful warm sound and the musicianship is excellent. Tom Dowd's production blends everything together and makes the most of the almost telepathic dueling guitars of Clapton and Allman: it's like a musical stew with layers and layers of flavour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.