Alliances with other clubs - Poznan, Omonia etc

Trigger

Seeking out RAGS and then putting them out of thei
Ok so i have had a few bevvies but what are your thoughts on building alliances with other clubs in Europe?

Went to Cyprus to watch City and as well as meeting many City fans from Bluemoon and elsewhere, had a good rapport with Omonia and other Cypriots,

Last night apart from the odd incident that occurred (and have to say was as much a City problem as Poznan) thought a great occasion.

We have also enjoyed recent good nights with Hamburg and others also, I think we should build on these relationships rather than have a go at them.

OK, I will put my tin hat on, if you think I am talking B*ll*cks, but if not what about Bluemoon leading the way and trying to form a bond with some of these teams?

Re: Alliances with other clubs

Trigger said:
Ok so i have had a few bevvies but what are your thoughts on building alliances with other clubs in Europe?

Went to Cyprus to watch City and as well as meeting many City fans from Bluemoon and elsewhere, had a good rapport with Omonia and other Cypriots,

Last night apart from the odd incident that occurred (and have to say was as much a City problem as Poznan) thought a great occasion.

We have also enjoyed recent good nights with Hamburg and others also, I think we should build on these relationships rather than have a go at them.

OK, I will put my tin hat on, if you think I am talking B*ll*cks, but if not what about Bluemoon leading the way and trying to form a bond with some of these teams?

well said

met loads of decent supporters from these clubs so far

if they want aggro they can go to the rags and meet the MIB (lol)

otherwise we can show them the hospitality that we would hope for when we go abroad

Re: Alliances with other clubs

It's a lot more pleasant playing European teams these days than it was back in the dark ages, that's for sure.

I know what you mean about building bridges, but can't we just get along anyway?

It's a game of football, after all. I was walking to the game last night up Pollard St and having a nice chat with half a dozen Poles.

It's the way it should be, when you think about it. I'm not that bothered about alliances myself, I think they are a bit like holiday friendships. Get along with them when you meet, not that bothered about them when you separate and go home, but you have pleasant memories that don't leave a nasty feeling.

Its strange that I now look to see how clubs we have played in these games are doing!

I know that as we get to play more this will become less frequent, but being a bit of an old romantic would like us to build relationships with the "not so fashionable" clubs ;)<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:21 am --<br /><br />
Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
It's a lot more pleasant playing European teams these days than it was back in the dark ages, that's for sure.

I know what you mean about building bridges, but can't we just get along anyway?

It's a game of football, after all. I was walking to the game last night up Pollard St and having a nice chat with half a dozen Poles.

It's the way it should be, when you think about it. I'm not that bothered about alliances myself, I think they are a bit like holiday friendships. Get along with them when you meet, not that bothered about them when you separate and go home, but you have pleasant memories that don't leave a nasty feeling.

I hear where you are coming from, and suppose to some degree it is along the lines of "Our town is twinned with", but I would love to help the Sheikh with "The Project" of making us a Worldwide brand, and feel this could help.

We already have for some reason a link with Torino - will find thread and pictures to prove when sober - and other clubs have link (Rangers and Hamburg) spring to mind, I just don't see what harm it can do and hopefully will do some good ;)

The bredbury supporters club have a strong relationship with quite a lot of Schalke

And In fact, every time ive been to Germany with city, the relationship between both sets of fans has been brilliant, met some brilliant people in Schalke, Hamburg and Dortmund, who we still keep in touch with.

Totally agree. When we go over to Poznan in a couple of weeks I want us to be having a beer and a good laugh with them rather than hiding my City badge and running away from ultras with knives.

I know i will get slated for this but wtf, I had about 30 poznan fans in 107 last night, at the start they were coming over having pictures with me and chatting and saying how great they had been treated by City fans had been.

Sadly, just before kick off two Polish fans came and sat on front row amongst 6 other poles who did not know them and were giving it "F"ck off City" and those in the area may have seen them ejected, unfortunately that left the other guys in an uncomfortable position and threatened by City fans and thus we had them relocated.

These guys had done nothing wrong other than sit in the City section, now I have sat amongst away fans often in the past just to watch the blues but acted appropriately (at least until I saw how many fellow blues were around)

DannyBoy2890 said:
Regular Joe said:
Totally agree. When we go over to Poznan in a couple of weeks I want us to be having a beer and a good laugh with them

I really hope that's the case too mate

From what I've read of the posts from the lads in poland, it sounds like this will be the case! If it is then it will be a top day

Regular Joe said:
Totally agree. When we go over to Poznan in a couple of weeks I want us to be having a beer and a good laugh with them rather than hiding my City badge and running away from ultras with knives.

Should be ok, 70% of their fans last night live in England. And only 5% would have gone back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.