Alternative top 10 players to watch out for...

FantasyIreland

Footballfancast.com(actually only listed 9....)
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballfancast.com/2011/04/football-blogs/top-ten-alternative-players-to-watch-out-for-next-season/attachment/john-flanagan-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballfancast.com/2011/04/ ... flanagan-2</a>

John Flannagan
Tom Cleverley
Jordan Lukaku
Jon Miquel Toral Harper
Mario Gotze
Mauro Formica
Ryo Miyaichi
Sergio Canales
Gai Assulin.....

I'm glad to see Gai on there, the kid has great potential, despite some of the usual EDS/academy naysayers saying he won't make it here. The moment he found fitness he was storming at reserve level then a typical English hatchet job sidelined him again. If we can get him fit, we have a talent!

What, no Bebé? Flawed list.

I also see they've put in one of the best young strikers in world football, one of the shining stars of this year's Bundesliga, and a player who 'plays' for Real Madrid. Pretty alternative, I must say.

Viva Rivaldo said:

I hope you didn't mean that seriously....Bebe is not a prospect. He is shit and we all saw it and he is already...21? Just like Gibson...not going to make it.

Btw..Gai Assulin? Is he even good honestly? I dont think he will ever make it either..

BlueCityfan said:
Viva Rivaldo said:

I hope you didn't mean that seriously....Bebe is not a prospect. He is shit and we all saw it and he is already...21? Just like Gibson...not going to make it.

Btw..Gai Assulin? Is he even good honestly? I dont think he will ever make it either..
I wasn't being serious, no. He's not shit, he's just not very good. Portugese Lee Trundle, if anything; he is capable of moments of brilliance, and then follows them up with 10 games of shite. Still, got a Champions League goal this season which I'm sure he'll tell his grandkids about.

Anyway, back on topic; I'm glad Tom made the list. He's never looked that amazingly talented, but he just always makes the most of his chances. Looked a realy goal-threat last season in the Championship, winning many Watford fans' hearts, and he was great in pre-season. He's being played out of position a lot at Wigan, but I'd imagine that'd have been the same if he stayed with us.

And Gibson? He's alright; does a job. If he stays with us, he always will be a squad player. You need to understand that to win the league, you need more than a good first 11. Squad players are vital.

Viva Rivaldo said:
BlueCityfan said:

I wasn't being serious, no. He's not shit, he's just not very good. Portugese Lee Trundle, if anything; he is capable of moments of brilliance, and then follows them up with 10 games of shite. Still, got a Champions League goal this season which I'm sure he'll tell his grandkids about.

Anyway, back on topic; I'm glad Tom made the list. He's never looked that amazingly talented, but he just always makes the most of his chances. Looked a realy goal-threat last season in the Championship, winning many Watford fans' hearts, and he was great in pre-season. He's being played out of position a lot at Wigan, but I'd imagine that'd have been the same if he stayed with us.

And Gibson? He's alright; does a job. If he stays with us, he always will be a squad player. You need to understand that to win the league, you need more than a good first 11. Squad players are vital.

No s*!t Sherlock?

We need to understand? How patronising. Typical arrogant rag!

Vienna_70 said:
Viva Rivaldo said:

No s*!t Sherlock?

Vienna to be fair, it's not that patronising, what our red visitor has said. The scum have players, that want to be part of the set up and involved in the whole squad thing, we have certain players who start whinging about leaving for 1st team football and shite. If you buy the best 11 in the world, then have the 2nd best as back up, no one is going to be happy, we could do with decent squad players, who could do a job if called upon.

Vienna_70 said:
Viva Rivaldo said:

No s*!t Sherlock?

Wasn't intended to patronise; but maybe I could have phrased it slightly differently. Still, I didn't expect you to get sand in your vagina over the way I worded a valid point.

Anyway, Gibson isn't going to make it? Right. He's scored in a Champions League quarter final, he's won in a cup final, he's played a decent part (however significant) in ensuring we have a good chance of winning the league this season, and scored for his country.. As a squad player, I think that's pretty much 'made'.

If we aspire to overhaul the Rags that is two things that we must get right.

Players who are not selected need to make their point in training and in the opportunities they are given, not whine to the press and get negged out when subbed or benched.

The other is of course keeping the pressure on til the final whistle if not winning. We don't do it like they do. Is it a fitness or attitude problem? Either way it needs to be addressed next season.

Gai wont make it because of injuries, one player who I think will be a superstar is Tony Silva from Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.