Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Victim of his own success in many ways. He was likely thought to be a great back up or super sub but his trajectory over the last 18 months has made that impossible.
Now a decision has to be made that suits both parties, my best guess is he would happily move to be the top boy somewhere else.

Of course he wants to be the 'top boy' at a club. Don't think footballers grow up wanting to be the second back-up striker sitting on the sidelines.

I personally would want to keep him for a season more. Lets be honest Big Erl isn't going to be fit the entire season so we do need a second striker to step up waiting in the wings. I'm unsure if Pep would go back to the false 9 system since he continually likes to evolve the team each yr.

To me it is not a matter of "starter" or "bench player"

It's more starters and finishers
This was mentioned in one of the Euro podcasts I listened to and I think it’s really apt. In America, there is a the idea of the “closer” in baseball. And it’s a a unique and valued skill.

No one can afford Alvarez - apparently we want 70m with 20m in add ons
I’d sell tomorrow to be honest
Never really warmed to him and some of his misses in the run in were horrendous

Some of his goals early in the run-in, and throughout the season, were marvelous.

They all count. Can't argue he didn't play a big big part in our treble or four in a row.

Victim of his own success in many ways. He was likely thought to be a great back up or super sub but his trajectory over the last 18 months has made that impossible.
Now a decision has to be made that suits both parties, my best guess is he would happily move to be the top boy somewhere else.

His 'trajectory' has been up and up since he arrived. He had a spell in the second half of the season when it plateaued. Could have a great season next or could not, like any player, but there is nithing really wrong with him, the way a few knee-jerk reactions here make out.

His 'trajectory' has been up and up since he arrived. He had a spell in the second half of the season when it plateaued. Could have a great season next or could not, like any player, but there is nithing really wrong with him, the way a few knee-jerk reactions here make out.
I was meaning reputation as well as anything. His trophy haul from a club and country perspective is fucking mental since he came here! That’s bound to bring him plenty of attention even if his actual abilities don’t always match up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.