Amazon Alexa / Google Home

Got bought one for xmas, set it up then turned it off at the plug and havent used it since. Cant work out what the point of it is.

use it for controlling phillips hue lighting (or did till it confused itself, still need to sort that out), music, controlling a couple of smart sockets (mainly for xmas lights it must be said) general questions when im not at my PC (although the thick bugger cant convert electric oven settings to gas marks) setting alarms and also get parcel delivery notifications. None of this is life saving or must have, but I like pissing about with techy stuff.

Also, quite often close a command sequence with "fuck off now alexa" which is quite satisfying and will hopefully be recorded somewhere on my transcript

The Mrs works in tech, so we have the things all over the place. Plus, I kid you not, my son’s new girlfriend is called Alexa. It’s a fcuking nightmare!

change one of them to "Echo", I suggest the electronic device but that's not compulsory

I turn off the record facility in settings.
I use my Amazon echo for radio, Spotify, Amazon music, football score updates, phoning the wife and kids without dialling (you can link it to mobiles via the app), timer for cooking, controlling lights, electric blanket, etc..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.