Amazon Alexa / Google Home

Dick.
I have lost the use of my arms and legs,my fingers have a tiny bit of use, my wife places my fingers on a mouse whilst i use an on screen keyboard. Soon i will be totally disabled and will type via my eyebrow.i am not "sad" in fact I'm very happy. I will admit though i do "need to have it".
Shit mate, sorry to hear that. You've sold me many a carpet over the years, always had a chat about city with you. Good luck pal.

Dick.
I have lost the use of my arms and legs,my fingers have a tiny bit of use, my wife places my fingers on a mouse whilst i use an on screen keyboard. Soon i will be totally disabled and will type via my eyebrow.i am not "sad" in fact I'm very happy. I will admit though i do "need to have it".
Yeah sorry about that, was drunk last night and it was probably a bad attempt at humour. Apologies

You are so right. My disabled Nephew has just had a system installed. He is wheelchair bound and has trouble with coordination.
He can now control his environment around him. Drop in to family and friends for a chat. Turn the TV on. Alter the heating etc.

I see the Luddites are already commenting. I suppose the same comments were made when remote controls for TV's first came out. "What's wrong with getting up and turning the TV over by hand. That's why god gave you leg's etc"

It's not about laziness. It's about control/time saving and safety. We have some lights in the house (on the stairs for example) that come on automatically when somebody is there.
At first it does feel like a gimmick. But as you get used to the convenience, it actually feels weird to not have it.

Good stuff. Getting a bit of control back can only be a good thing for the lad.

Yeah sorry about that, was drunk last night and it was probably a bad attempt at humour. Apologies

I actually got you were having a bit of humour in your original post. Top man for apologising to be Bill though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.