Amazon Buy 20 PL Games

PannickAtTheDisco

Amazon will show 20 Premier League matches a season for three years from 2019, after winning one of the final two broadcast packages.

The online streaming service has won the rights to show one round of midweek games and one round from a bank holiday.

The matches will be available to Amazon Prime's UK members.

The other unsold package of 20 matches was bought by BT Sport for £90m, taking their total to 52 games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396151

Interesting move this. Sky do a good job of coverage but I hate the company so i don't subscribe. BT coverage is awful so I don't subscribe. Kodi streaming seems to have had it's day. I might sign up for this.

Sweet. Wonder if cool Khaldoon had anthing to do with them getting involved.

Be great if out tie in with them makes us “their” team like rags and scousers are Sky’s and BT’s.

So the average football fan will now need to subscribe to Sky, BT and Amazon to watch what they like. Or go down the Kodi route.

Doesn't sit well with me.

Interesting move this. Sky do a good job of coverage but I hate the company so i don't subscribe. BT coverage is awful so I don't subscribe. Kodi streaming seems to have had it's day. I might sign up for this.
If you're a Utd or Liverpool fan I would agree, being a City fan Sky is fkin terrible. Much more enjoy watching foriegn, usually american where they dont talk about cost of each City player or how the opposition teams let us win.

So the average football fan will now need to subscribe to Sky, BT and Amazon to watch what they like. Or go down the Kodi route.

Doesn't sit well with me.

My thoughts exactly,we all know Sky and BT are horrible,but if City are on a Monday night say away at Brighton,I'd be watching it on tv,those who say they don't subscribe to them I don't understand.

If you love football then you have to have both of them,it is the way of the land,irrespective of who the pundits are,I just watch the game,as I love football,not the presenters

so Amazon are showing every single match from a round? as in all 3pms etc? this isn't usual in the UK, is this for the foreign market and will we be able to stream on a UK amazon service?

Fortunately for me I am a prime member and I am able to attend all home matches except where events are outside my control so sky and bt don't enter the equation. Prefer going anyway but maybe I am just lucky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.