Amazon Echo.

I'd be a bit dubious they could be hacked for nefarious use.

energy companies turning the lights on when you are not home and moving the thermostat up 3 degrees :).

Just doing a bit of reading, it cant even be used as a phone hands free kit.....by far the most useful thing i would want from it. Smart my arse

It talks back to you like a woman does, and woman are good at talking back.

It can't make you a brew though, give you a massage or a BJ, so it's a pretty useless invention.

"Keep talking back at me love, here's my knob, but make me a brew first darling" ; )

I have an echo dot.
It is linked to the hi fi so I don't need to get out of my chair.
Mate of mine more clued up than me controls his central heating and lighting with one too.

Bloody marvellous piece of frippery.

All you conspiracy theorists must spend hours putting black tape over your laptop cameras and microphones to get one over "the man".

Do watch what you ask her . . . anything she recognises gets put in your amazon echo history so if you're being a naughty boy you'll get found out!

On the flip side they are a cracking bit of kit, especially when you hook them up to Philips Hue Lights, Smart Plugs and other fancy stuff like the Logitech Harmony

She does not however respond well to "Alexa!!!! Turn the fucking lights on!!!"

It talks back to you like a woman does, and woman are good at talking back.

It can't make you a brew though, give you a massage or a BJ, so it's a pretty useless invention.

"Keep talking back at me love, here's my knob, but make me a brew first darling" ; )
How do you know my Wife?

Do watch what you ask her . . . anything she recognises gets put in your amazon echo history so if you're being a naughty boy you'll get found out!

On the flip side they are a cracking bit of kit, especially when you hook them up to Philips Hue Lights, Smart Plugs and other fancy stuff like the Logitech Harmony

She does not however respond well to "Alexa!!!! Turn the fucking lights on!!!"
She's in my office and sometimes starts talking when I'm on the phone. "Alexa fucking shut up" works sometimes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.