Amazon prime

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by lunebleu, 3 Dec 2019.

1. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

Unable to watch most of last nights game but just watched it on Amazon Prime as an on demand which I eventually found on the tonights football page via my Firestick.

Choice of full game, highlights, extended highlights the manager and player interviews and individual goals.
    Impressive first game by Amazon and so glad City performed so well. Even Dyche behaved himself during his post match interview.

2. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

Unfortunately only available if originally used in the cameras and transmitted as such. In other words the TV cannot change an HD transmission to HDR like upscaling from 1k to 4k.

3. TINY

TINY

Poor bastard

4. The Northern Baptist

The Northern Baptist

Okay. But I’d counter than anyone working might find it easier to get to the game on time with it being 8.15.

On the school night issue, any child who isn’t old enough to be up late for a 8.15ko probably shouldn’t be attending a 7.45ko either tbh.

5. TINY

TINY

Get you, 100% take the point not everyone will agree but IMO, moving a KO back to 8:15 is just stupid and serves little purpose but for the showing on TV, and nothing for the fans attending. However we already live in that world now so...

6. JGL07

JGL07

Team supported:
    Manchester City/Hibernian
    Is it?

VAT is on sales. Council Tax is on notional property values. Income tax is on earnings.

Starbucks have never made a profit in the UK in 25 years. They shuffle it off to Luxembourg or somewhere through internal payments. It’s called transfer pricing.

Hence the need to apply tax on sales.

Hoghead likes this.
  7. JGL07

JGL07

Team supported:
    Manchester City/Hibernian
    But the Crystal Palace match kicked off at 19:30?

Were they complaining about 15 minutes?

8. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

I have to say, it was a bit funny that in my City group chat I and another manc currently living in the USA were asked not to post for 30-40 seconds after something happened so as to not ruin it for everyone else.

9. pardoeofftomexico

pardoeofftomexico

Yes but in case anyone thinks otherwise you do pay vat on goods bought through Amazon. In the case of Starbucks I can't be bothered looking at their profits or lack thereof but at least they rent many properties paying business rates, create considerable employment for staff who pay tax and NIC, create work for their many suppliers and charge vat on their drinks so I expect they provide a very considerable benefit to the economy.

Hoghead likes this.
  10. Coljj

Coljj