Ameliorating the Parked Bus Conundrum

Jumanji

Parked buses are something any team would struggle with.

Crosses can destroy parked buses. They cause confusion. They test concentration. They cause players to lose their man. They cause janky goals, and more.

We don’t have anyone up front who can really muscle a defender or out jump them to win a header or shot, from a cross that’s not pinpoint perfect.

How important is it to you for us to start thinking about height up front?

This is not a post directly related to tonight’s result. It’s something I’ve been thinking about for a long time. I’d like to posit that if we had height up front, we’d have every weapon we need to attack when we go to war.

We have defensive issues, and that’s another topic. I think this attack can get even better. Like we’re super good going forward, we score for fun, but I think that we can be significantly more deadly. Scary thought.

Last edited:
Stop with incessant shit crossing from players who can’t cross the ball at the perfect height for 6’3” defenders to easily nod away.

Mendy, Sterling and Walker can’t cross the ball but that’s all they all did all game.

did you watch the game

we werent ever in it

laporte was dictating the flow of the game for decisive portions of the game.
That is a sign death is close

i appreciate your imagination though

With Pep as manager, we'll never be a ball into the box team.
Not what I’m saying. Peps fullbacks will cross.

If a cross isn’t perfect, we don’t have anyone with the ability to fight with a defender or out jump them.

Soak up pressure and counter at pace. Worked very well when we had Sane, Sterling on the right and Aguero when he was a bit quicker. Kev, Laporte and Ederson pinging it over the top and running into space caused havoc.

Sterling on the left, Jesus taking an additional touch and Mahrez/Bernardo isn’t as effective as we used to be. Plan A typically works, but Plan B meant we were a lot less predictable, which stretched their lines.

did you watch the game

we werent ever in it

did you watch the game

we werent ever in it

This is not about the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.