American spelling of English words.

Sneakers is a regional colloquialism much like muffin, barm, roll.etc, etc. I've never used that word. I grew up saying "tennis shoes" (I'm well aware they aren't all used for tennis.). I also will say "coke" to refer to all manners of carbonated soft beverage, and then let you know what flavour/flavor/flayvore I'd like.
Tennis shoes? You mean pumps.

The only nine-letter word in Countdown I saw that the contestants didn't was colorized.

Tennis shoes? You mean pumps.
Most names of things in Oz are the same as UK like Nappies, Car Parks, Petrol, Pavements etc but one thats different is Sneakers, nobody here knows what Trainers are (except the Brits of course) another one is they call the Motorway a Freeway.

Most names of things in Oz are the same as UK like Nappies, Car Parks, Petrol, Pavements etc but one thats different is Sneakers, nobody here knows what Trainers are (except the Brits of course) another one is they call the Motorway a Freeway.

Called running shoes over here regardless of whether you run in them or not.
I just bought a nice pair of New Balance walking shoes running shoes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.