American Woman accuses Cristiano Ronaldo of Rape.

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by domalino, 28 Sep 2018.

1. domalino

domalino

One of Germany's most highly regarded investigative newspaper, Der Spiegel, has gone public with a story that a woman has accused Ronaldo of raping her, and she is contesting the validity of a $375,000 civil settlement which stopped her from talking about it.

http://www.spiegel.de/international...-woman-accuses-ronaldo-of-rape-a-1230627.html

Mayorga's lawyer's claim relies in part on a document, which includes Ronaldo's description of what happened that night. In that document, the soccer player is quoted as saying: "She said no and stop several times."

Seems like this could be a pretty big deal given Ronaldo's position in the sport and Der Spiegel's reputation as a serious newspaper. She's gone to the police in Las Vegas, where it happened, as well.

2. oldtimerdiscopants

oldtimerdiscopants

3. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

Manchester City...your so money supermarket
    never even knew about this

...and lets be honest the amount of money and power these players have today, it has most likely to have gone on before

4. domalino

domalino

Der Spiegel found out about the private civil case and payoff in 2017 as part of their football leaks investigation, and published the story but neither Ronaldo nor the (then anonymous) woman would talk about it so it went away.

Now, she's talking and going public. Apparently the reason for the change is the #MeToo movement and a change of climate around sexual assault victims, and also a new lawyer who's told her the non-disclosure part of her civil case is bullshit.

5. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

Manchester City...your so money supermarket
    What we looking at here then - potential criminal case ?

6. domalino

domalino

She's gone to the police in Las Vegas.

This tweet is from one of the authors.

Translated by a German Redditor -

There are 2 questionnaires

In one (from December 2009) Ronaldo answers that he did have consensual sex with her

In the second one (from September 2009) which was send from a lawyer of Osório de Castro's chancellery to Osório and his colleagues, Ronaldo answers the question if she did scream or got loud during sex as followed: "She said stop or no several times. She said that she doesn't want to, but she has made herself available. Afterwards I apologized. But she never screamed.

If that September 2009 statement from Ronaldo is legitimate then it seems pretty bad for Ronaldo.

I think Der Spiegel is releasing the full thing in their print edition (Which I think comes out tomorrow) , so more detail will come out then.

7. dickie davies

dickie davies

I don't understand this
    Why was it a civil case, or was she just happy to take the money?

It a heartless thing to ask but it is a valid question

8. karen7

karen7

I agree,it doesn't make much sense to me

9. cookster

cookster

Money only buys silence until it runs out.
    If this transcript turns out to be accurate, he's in the shitter but he can always call OJ's lawyer.

10. BigOscar

BigOscar

Not surprised when women take the money in these situations tbh as lawyers can be pretty "persuasive" in telling them what will happen if they don't take the money. Either have your entire life combed through and dragged through the gutter, all to almost certainly end up without a conviction (they couldn't even get Beckham on a fucking speeding ticket he admitted he did, what chance do you have on getting a multimillionaire done for a genuinely hard to prove charge?). or you accept a giant pile of money, and by the sounds of it, an admission of wrongdoing.

Not that I'm saying he did it, but I can certainly imagine a situation in which someone would accept a payoff.

Lasted edited by : 29 Sep 2018
    Bigga likes this.