American Woman accuses Cristiano Ronaldo of Rape.

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by domalino, 28 Sep 2018.

1. caseball

caseball

Don't worry. The bluemoon detectives have finally got to the bottom of the case.

BlueTG likes this.
  2. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

You could sue someone to get the settlement money back, but I'm pretty sure you can't buy your way out of a criminal case.

3. caseball

caseball

I think it happens all the time. People just drop charges. You can even threaten your way out of criminal charges.

4. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

Yeah, but there's nothing to stop them going to the police later on, other than the threat of being sued for the money back. It's not like the money makes the crime disappear and they can always choose to bring a criminal case later. At least to my knowledge.

5. caseball

caseball

Agreed. It doesn't erase the crime.

6. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

This would be the logical thing to do. But we live in the world full of nosey bastards. These stories should only be made publi****il a verdict is given. No one knows what happened between Ronaldo and this woman. By the sound of things though, Ronaldo does seem guilty.

The same couldn’t be said about Ched Evans. The girl who stitched him up should’ve done some time.

7. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

It's fair to say the money is irrelevant to him but, with money comes the ability to hire the biggest legal team (won't say best) and paying out cash. I don't accept that its a level playing field in law, how many times in all crimes have we all said if that was me rather than a rich person the result would have been different.....the mud sticks. Just look at Michael Jackson.....it's amazing what wealth can do.

8. kinkladze10

kinkladze10

Ronaldo does seems guilty, that’s because we only have one side of the story which is the claimants/prosecution. However, there’s another side of the story, Ronaldo's, should it be confirmed that some of the emails are genuine and he’s mentioned she did say no, then that should be that.

Yeah I agree, that Chad Evans woman should have to do time. It does make me wonder, if Chad would have made a payment in the first instance to try and make it all go away and not be labelled for the rest of his life.

Upon reading the speigel report/story, it mentions a form of disability, so I guess this is how they will get around the NDA/payment but, I’m no contract law expert. Tin hat time here in my opinion it all smells a bit fishy. Yep and I’m going to say it, is it just a case of the money received has dried up and it’s time to try and milk the cow again? I guess nobody will ever now the truth other than him and her.

9. oldtimerdiscopants

oldtimerdiscopants

No quite simply means no if he's done it them I hope he gets some serious jail time. That being said he'll be tried and found innocent and guilty by the media long before he enters a court.

10. Henkeman

Henkeman

Especially in the US where there are no reporting restrictions around a court case. The media are free to speculate as much as they wish.

I do prefer our system on that.

oldtimerdiscopants likes this.