Americas Cup

Gelsons Dad

Not sure if anyone else is interested but it's been the greatest comeback in sailing history. Race 17 about to finish and race 18 coming up in about 40 minutes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_q1Tfb7maQ[/youtube]

Correction, race 18 about to finish.
decider tomorrow.

Got distracted by the game tonight and missed the first race!!

Staggering comeback,that last race was lost & they pulled Victory out of the jaws of defeat.
Ok they have worked on the boat but it goes a lot deeper than that, Interesting the first thing the American sailor said when he was being interviewed was they are going to do some heavy studying of todays 2 races.
The last race could still have a sting in its tail though.

I'm in San Francisco on a work trip (changed dates so I didn't miss the derby but couldn't avoid missing Wigan). Went along to watch this today. Had no real awareness or interest in the event prior but it was really impressive seeing the speed and agility of the boats and set against a backdrop of Alcatraz and the golden gates bridge.

Event is free to enter too.

The past few days have been a nightmare here, every morning the nation is at a stand still every morning. It'll all finish tomorrow and all kiwis will feel like like we do after a derby defeat.

The kiwis were already planning hosting the next one this time last week now they shitting a brick.

They have been fairly unlucky with running out time to finish the race on Saturday after being miles ahead of Oracle and Oracle using their get out card in one of the early rounds (I've no idea why NZ haven't used theirs yet).

I have two issues with the America's Cup. Firstly it is absolutely shit and secondly barely any of "Team USA" seemed to actually be from the USA. Seriously what is the point in it? Cunts.

Lancet Fluke said:
I have two issues with the America's Cup. Firstly it is absolutely shit and secondly barely any of "Team USA" seemed to actually be from the USA. Seriously what is the point in it? Cunts.

How many City players are from Manchester?

The money was from America hence Oracle team USA. The NZ money came from the NZ tax payers!

Calling it absolute shit makes no sense either. It's like F1 for boats but better. These are the ultimate speed machines pushing the technological boundaries to the limits. The AC72 can sail at 40kts boat speed in an 18 kts breeze. They can make ground down wind at almost twice the wind speed. Just try getting your head around that. A wind powered boat traveling at twice the wind speed? It doesn't get greener than that!

Just can't see the attraction in this sport at all. Well maybe the attraction (impressive vessels etc, but out off my lifestyle!) But the excitement. Why?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.