Amish;a secret life

Probably a Sean Connery joke about him saying "I miss", but can't be bothered. Can someone do the honours?

Why Always Ste said:
I'm laughing my ass off listening to them singing those songs.... delusional lunatics

Interesting pov Ste!
I was more looking from the 'outside looking in' angle and how happy they seem, considering how mundane (it would appear) they live their lives!
Very different in how we operate...ie no television, mod-cons etc
I think 'we' could all take a leaf out of their book in many ways!

gazhinio said:
Why Always Ste said:
I'm laughing my ass off listening to them singing those songs.... delusional lunatics

Interesting pov Ste!
I was more looking from the 'outside looking in' angle and how happy they seem, considering how mundane (it would appear) they live their lives!

Didn't look at it like that... They did seem happy, but then again the cameras may of been filming for a whole month and narrowed it down to an hour show.

I could go and do that without religion, just sit up in the lakes, me and a tent, nothing else...

gazhinio said:
Why Always Ste said:

Interesting pov Ste!

I always think the same when I see anything about them.

That's the thing Ste, I'm not religious in anyway, shape of form!
But I can't help but admire anybody who commits their life to god, and essentially does not succumb to temptation etc
I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will knock them for whatever reasons, I just can't help but admire them in many ways!

Didnt see this but i watched the docu on C4 a while back about 6 British teens who went to the US and stayed with various Amish and Mennonite families. Was fascinating to see how the materialistic teens dealt with their simple way of life. I find them a very interesting bunch.

Seem strange to me. Cultish behaviour for the sake of being different. What's wrong with normal ? Weird people who go around cutting beards off each other. Not for me.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Seem strange to me. Cultish behaviour for the sake of being different. What's wrong with normal ? Weird people who go around cutting beards off each other. Not for me.
It's hard to define what 'normal' is though.

A hardcore Muslim will dress up in curtains and think that's normal. Twenty years ago being openly racist was normal. Drinking scotch on weekends and having a binfull of cum tissue is normal to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.