An easy Xmas fixture list doesn't hide the fact the Rags...

You could well be right kiam. I've just been looking at their results last season against the equivalent games last season. Assuming they beat Blackburn, they only dropped 13 points in those games and have picked up 4 of those overall this season. They were level up to the two games in London, which they won this season but only drew last season.

In the second half of the season they dropped 21 points in the equivalent games (which suggests they are harder games).

We dropped 22 points in the first half of last season and have so far picked up 10 of those. Any result at Sunderland other than the loss we suffered last season will add to that. So even excluding the Sunderland game we've effectively caught up 6 points on their 9 point lead at the end of the season. If we win at Sunderland that would be 9 points which means we've caught them up.

We also dropped 21 points in the second half of last season which suggests that our games were about equal in difficulty over both halves of the season. Equivalent games we dropped points in last season that we still have to play were Fulham & the rags at home (which were draws) and Villa, Everton & Wolves away, all of which we lost last season.

The rags are poor that team yesterday was shocking Gibson wouldnt get in our under 9's team but they still won. (and according to MOTD the sendin off didn't influence the game)

I for one am worried that because they have sold their soul to the devil, he may still have a few years of power left.

Halfpenny said:
Bobbies Black Bins said:
last season after xmas they lost 4 and drew 2..

And as said they have Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and us all away from home as well as Liverpool at home.
Did you miss the memo? They always get better in the second half of the season!
that's the sky propaganda theme at the moment

Since they got beat by us, they haven't looked like losing a game. I don't think the 6-1 scoreline did us any favours to be honest. It has made teams defend like crazy against us and made some teams think they can go for it against them like wolves tried and failed miserably! Admittedly some teams still roll over and die against them but the gap between the top 6 and the rest now is huge and to expect teams like Wigan and bLackburm to get anything there is deluded.

They may have some tough away games to come but they will be going into them with lots of momentum. Chelsea are as average as I have seen, Arsenal a one man show and Liverpool also a one man show and if they appeal the ban, one man who is likely to miss that game!

How we both do in those games is key and we have to make sure we don't mess up in the easier games.

Halfpenny said:
Bobbies Black Bins said:
last season after xmas they lost 4 and drew 2..

And as said they have Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and us all away from home as well as Liverpool at home.
Did you miss the memo? They always get better in the second half of the season!
Here's their 1st/2nd half points totals for the last 8 seasons. They've actually done better in the second half in 4 of those 8 but only significantly better in 2. In fact, when they've got 45 points or more in the first half, they've always done worse in the second half.

2010/11 - 41/39
2009/10 - 40/46
2008/09 - 41/49
2007/08 - 45/42
2006/07 - 47/42
2005/06 - 41/42
2004/05 - 37/40
2003/04 - 46/29

Well what happened at the swamp yesterday was a bit af deja vu

A good team turned out against a shit team.
The good team went 1-0 up, then the shit team had a man sent off and then the good team routed the shit team by a five goal margin

I saw that happen there earlier this season

I just cant believe that anyone would think,never mind say that the scum are a poor side. Not as good as some that they have,weaknesses on paper and they dont always play brilliantly but they are level with us and shortly to go 3 points clear.

We should know that to win the league this year will be an exceptional feat against a team that know how to win even if it's often against sides that lay down and die.

I am sure Mancini knows how good they are and what we need to do to win the league.Yesterday wasn't the end of the world but a small disappointment along the way that we have to learn from and quickly with a win at Sunderland.That's all that matters.

To say that any side that are top of the league (as they will probably be come saturday tea-time) are rubbish is ridiculous. Yes, that side aren't a patch on previous vermin sides. And yes, they are in the middle of a very easy run of fixtures. And yes, they do have to visit most of the ''big guns'' between now and season's end. But they are beating what's put in front of them at the minute. As has already been said, we need to hang on to them. Then, hopefully, their difficult away games (coupled with no Vidic; a big loss to them) will see them slip up a few times. When they do, we have to take advantage.

Onwards and upwards.

The Rags on paper especially with all their injuries are nowhere near top 4 level.

Unfortunately for us their **** of a manager is not far short of a genius and has got this team of also rans steamrollering the opposition.

That said, I think they're firing on all cylinders just to keep up with us and like the class act in a 1500m race we'll lengthen our stride when we hear the bell and pull clear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.