An easy Xmas fixture list doesn't hide the fact the Rags...

Prestwich_Blue said:
Halfpenny said:
Bobbies Black Bins said:
last season after xmas they lost 4 and drew 2..

And as said they have Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and us all away from home as well as Liverpool at home.
Did you miss the memo? They always get better in the second half of the season!
Here's their 1st/2nd half points totals for the last 8 seasons. They've actually done better in the second half in 4 of those 8 but only significantly better in 2. In fact, when they've got 45 points or more in the first half, they've always done worse in the second half.

2010/11 - 41/39
2009/10 - 40/46
2008/09 - 41/49
2007/08 - 45/42
2006/07 - 47/42
2005/06 - 41/42
2004/05 - 37/40
2003/04 - 46/29

Interesting stats PB, so going by those results, Mancini is right and 90 points will see us win the league barring something exceptional...<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:27 pm --<br /><br />
cleavers said:
Rammy Blue said:
it was embarrassing watching the WBA fans at the final whistle last night.
We thought it was hillarious, especially the three singing 'nited, 'nited top of the league......

I was at west brom and was also bewildered and embarassed for them, it was like they had won something..... Also i thought foster was typically small time with his grinning and face pulling at the city fans whilst time wasting.

yoooniteds december and janaury fixtures are against mid table/relegation teams , but their february fixtures are difficult , i can see rags going a few points clear by end of january , and after they have proclaimed their 20th title , we will have a strong feb/march and finish them of at the etihad in april.

If I've done my maths right we've both only dropped 9 points so far this season so realistically how much better can either of our 2nd halfs be? If united do beat us to the title this year they will have been exceptional. Still plenty of points to win and lose

If we had their injury list we'd be missing Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, Kolo, Savic, De Jong, Barry, and Nasri or a similar list to that. Their fixture list is kind though, if they ran into Chelsea, Spurs, or Arsenal with their current injuries they could get seriously battered.

We need to launch a complain to the ruling bodies of football about the credibility of competition in the league because every team rolls over for the rags which makes them labelled unfairly as the best club in England.

kiam06 said:
Are rubbish! Fair enough they are hanging in and IMO will even overtake us come New Years Day but we can't change their easy Xmas fixtures. After Xmas is a different matter they have tough games alot of which are away and we have almost all of ours at home.

They are pretty average to me and we have nothing to worry about so don't let the media get to you, it takes a bit more than a few wins against relegation fodder to make you a good team.

I think we will win the league by more than 5 clear points.

Hanging in - they seem to have picked up form recently - there is fook all difference between the two clubs as it stands but i do take you point about them having to go away to the big teams

It also doesn´t hide the fact that the fookin PL is bent. Only 2 teams get a 4 day rest period over the New Year - guess fookin who? - and we play one of them
If that ain´t fookin fixed then I don´t know what is

An utter disgrace

Mancini shouldnt complain , we have a 24 man squad (minus tevez) which has been assembled for £350m , we wont get much sympathy from anyone. We should just acknowlledge that every f*cker is against us ,most clubs are envious and the rest of them are shit scared of us becoming a real power in English football , and when we win the league , it will be the sweetest moment of all.

45 years of gloryhunting said:
Mancini shouldnt complain , we have a 24 man squad (minus tevez) which has been assembled for £350m , we wont get much sympathy from anyone. We should just acknowlledge that every f*cker is against us ,most clubs are envious and the rest of them are shit scared of us becoming a real power in English football , and when we win the league , it will be the sweetest moment of all.

yeah you're right others have spent big and had their success tainted like the rags, chelski, leeds, blackburn etc etc

others have spent big and failed like spurs, newcastle etc etc

comes with the territory and is what it now takes

fuck 'em all :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.