An Englishman abroad........

pace89 said:
liamctid said:
Apart from Moscow this season, I've only missed one Euro away in 4 years.

I'd have to really consider going to Barcelona again after the previous two times. The bigger games seem to attract the bigger knobs. These trips have been completely the opposite to the better ones like Salzburg, Dortmund and Plzen.

It's basically like Blackburn away, abroad.

Being treated like shit by the cops and having no fucking chance of getting in or out of the ground sounds more like Rotherham.
At least you weren't groomed....oh I don't know you might have been;)

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG6OAbEgvcs[/video]
The spanish camera men should be fucked off in future trips to spain, the title includes the words city hooligans, I am in the tape and was in the square most of the day and did not see anything but good natured city fans,but then again if citys 67 year old version of michael phelps is considered by the spanish a thug then i apologise, because I for one thought he was great.

Dodge said:
Well, I must've been on a different trip.

Had a brilliant time from start to finish, with good people, respected the locals, got drunk with a few of 'em, enjoyed great Tapas on the beach and had no bother with any of the local plod "oooh, look at those scary riot police in their balaclava's and they've got batons and stuff". Come on, get real, GMP are probably worse than this lot. I thought the policing was low key and the way they tried to confiscate the footies in the square was hilarious. I didn't see baton charges, beating's or a single arrest. Yes, we were held back a bit, funnelled in the direction they wanted us to go and they weren't exactly blowing kisses at us. But it's up to them how they do it, it's their town, so get over it.

If anything, the square was a bit flat, compared to Madrid, Lokeren etc..

Yes, a few idiots threw a couple of baguette's (and from my viewpoint, only a couple of coins), buts that's too many beers for you and unfortunately we've got a few knuckle-draggers.

For those who didn't go, trust me, there were FAR more good times had, than bad.

(Posted for balance and in the interest of any Blue thinking of not going abroad because it's so horrible).

Glad you had a great time, as did we.

We went local on the Tuesday and had a few bevvys and a bite to eat with the locals watching the Atletico game. Wednesday morning we had a walk around the marina in Barcelonetta all the way down the beach to Port Olympic. Saw a few blue mates along the way.

I agree the police were pretty fair and as I said earlier were pretty low key compared to several previous visits to Spain. However it has to be said that it was more than just a few coins. It was a continual barrage in the block we were in. Sometimes handfuls at a time. I've spoke to other people who were in different sections and said it was much the same where they were. Perhaps you was lucky in where you was to just see a few going over.

I'm not sure the Madrid police would be so tolerant with that sort of behaviour. They went ballastic a few years ago when one fan threw beer at them. A marked difference from what you'd get from GMP.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/shocking-footage-of-spanish-police-attacking-manchester-city-fans-appears-on-youtube/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/shock ... n-youtube/</a>

So yes a great trip on the whole and in no way spoilt be a handful of yobs. Just left a bit of a sour taste as it obviously did with a few others.

Not saying it didn't happen but I was there 2 nights and can honestly say I didn't see any trouble at all, including any coin throwing

Dodge said:

Had a brilliant time from start to finish, with good people, respected the locals, got drunk with a few of 'em, enjoyed great Tapas on the beach and had no bother with any of the local plod "oooh, look at those scary riot police in their balaclava's and they've got batons and stuff". Come on, get real, GMP are probably worse than this lot. I thought the policing was low key and the way they tried to confiscate the footies in the square was hilarious. I didn't see baton charges, beating's or a single arrest. Yes, we were held back a bit, funnelled in the direction they wanted us to go and they weren't exactly blowing kisses at us. But it's up to them how they do it, it's their town, so get over it.

Yes, a few idiots threw a couple of baguette's (and from my viewpoint, only a couple of coins), buts that's too many beers for you and unfortunately we've got a few knuckle-draggers.

For those who didn't go, trust me, there were FAR more good times had, than bad.

(Posted for balance and in the interest of any Blue thinking of not going abroad because it's so horrible).

Except it wasn't a baguette that split the 70 year olds head open nor was it a couple of coins, more like 30 euro's. Oh and the woman behind us with her young son had her purse when she entered the ground, by the time she got to the top she had been dipped. Now that could have been a steward or a riot cop, there again they weren't pushing and shoving.
That said, I was there from Tuesday to Thursday and had a great time before and after the match, it was just during the match I was ashamed of our fans.

We arrived in Barcelona without tickets, kidnapped a Frenchman who kindly got us two tickets, viva la France!

Had the great idea to try to plead ignorance and get in the Away stand, and managed it! We were near the centre line, there was no bad behaviour where we were. Had a great game (apart from the result, of course) and couldn't understand why we were kept back so long - it wasn't til the next day when we met someone who had seen the coin throwing that it made any sense at all.

Shame about the behaviour of a few. Otherwise, it was a great atmosphere and a great 3 days. CTID

Blue Mist said:
Dodge said:

Except it wasn't a baguette that split the 70 year olds head open nor was it a couple of coins, more like 30 euro's. Oh and the woman behind us with her young son had her purse when she entered the ground, by the time she got to the top she had been dipped. Now that could have been a steward or a riot cop, there again they weren't pushing and shoving.
That said, I was there from Tuesday to Thursday and had a great time before and after the match, it was just during the match I was ashamed of our fans.

Fair enough mate, and its only since I've had a few days back that more and more stories have come out about the coin throwing. In that long thin away "end" I suppose there's plenty of potential for stuff to go on that someone else might be oblivious to.

Dickheads, one and all..

Fully agree with the op on this.
The worst part of the Ajax tie was the 90 minutes of football and the half hour lock-in.

Went all the way to Schalke a couple of years ago and fell foul of the 3 ringed security that stopped anyone without a ticket from getting anywhere near the stadium.
I was supposed to meet at ground and get my ticket off a mate but even after dodging the first ring of cops there was no way through.
I don't think Ric's ever forgiven me..

We saw abit when we were outside access 21. Just the odd bevvied up city fan, but with all the stewards etc you really need to take stock. You cannot reason with them even if you are right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.