An obvious replacement.... maybe it's staring us in the face

In the land of Barcodes

I've been thinking about this more and more. We need a replacement for Fernandinho, he's getting older and we need to have someone anchoring that midfield.

What do people think about playing KdB there? Behind the two Silvas (or Silva/Foden) - I seem to remember Martinez doing this with him playing for Belgium. Thoughts? I think he's such a good player he could do it - we hankered after Jorginho but he's a much better player than him.

No, we have one if not the best attacking midfielders in the world so play him where he’s most effective , secondly think hes our worst tackler he always seems to end up side on, thirdly he made fairly clear with Belgium he doesn’ t like playing deeper and if we played him there we’d probably lose him.

No, we have one if not the best attacking midfielders in the world so play him where he’s most effective , secondly think hes our worst tackler he always seems to end up side on, thirdly he made fairly clear with Belgium he doesn’ t like playing deeper and if we played him there we’d probably lose him.
Totally agree. It would be madness to play him anywhere where he would be less effective

I've been thinking about this more and more. We need a replacement for Fernandinho, he's getting older and we need to have someone anchoring that midfield.

What do people think about playing KdB there? Behind the two Silvas (or Silva/Foden) - I seem to remember Martinez doing this with him playing for Belgium. Thoughts? I think he's such a good player he could do it - we hankered after Jorginho but he's a much better player than him.
KDB played there alongside Witsel, a holding midfielder. That's a bit different to asking him to do it on his own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.