An obvious replacement.... maybe it's staring us in the face

I think several players at the club have the ability to play DM but few have the mindset - when to go forward, when to sit, sniffing out danger early, knowing when to do tactical fouls and most of all having the discipline to do what's best for the team at all times - Fern has all that.

Delph is more than good enough to play against the bottom half sides at home in defensive mid

That’ll give him more game time and, as we’ve seen with Jesus and Gundogan, helps enormously in getting info good form.

No, we have one if not the best attacking midfielders in the world so play him where he’s most effective , secondly think hes our worst tackler he always seems to end up side on, thirdly he made fairly clear with Belgium he doesn’ t like playing deeper and if we played him there we’d probably lose him.
This x 10

i think it is worth experimenting kdb there. he is one of the best attacking mids in the world but i truly think he could become equally effective from deep. if foden was at bernardo's level now i think it would be an idea more seriously considered. for now, gundo or a slight switch in formation. if from within the squad.

Not strong enough physically or capable defensively for that role. Weak in the air too. The benefits of playing him there are massively outweighed by the negatives of what we lose with him further forward.

Kev could play there but it looks like Pep sees Gundogan as the best option while Ferna is injured. Danilo might be able to do a job there.

No,no,no.
John Stones......

Are you having a laugh?
Didn't you see how shit he was against Crystal Palace at home playing in that DM role? All his passes were sideways, he never looked totally comfortable with the ball at his feet with opposing midfielders so close to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.